What's new

Deron Williams

Dwill8

Hey guys I made this Dwill Wallpaper - feel free to use it and share it.
I still love the man to death
1_DWILILAI.jpg

https://www.thebreakaway.net/photoplog/images/687/1_DWILILAI.jpg

...I like the guy, too. But he's drastically overpaid....and only half the point guard John Stockton was! (I figured you wanted someone to respond to your post, so there you have it!)

...I like the guy, too. But he's drastically overpaid....and only half the point guard John Stockton was! (I figured you wanted someone to respond to your post, so there you have it!)

in 18 years john made about 67 million. in 6 years deron has already made almost 44 million.

8d13409676f94de8a66c09afd7b8435a

per slcdunk.com

john in his first 2 all star years averaged 17 pts, 14 assists (3.9 a/to), 3 steals PER=23.4

deron in his first 2 all allstar years averages 20 pts, 10 assists (3.0 a/to), 1 steal PER=21.3

stock was a more efficient and well rounded player at the same point in their careers.
for less money. he was the bargain of the nba, a hall of famer who never made more than 11 million in one season.

Are we turning this thread to a Deron Williams vs John Stockton argument?

Dwill8 just wanted to share his wallpaper and I think he did a beautiful job.

Just leave the Stock and Dwill comparison alone, guys. Different players, different era, different everything. The only similarity is that both are/were point guards for the Utah Jazz. It will run to 100 thread pages and no conclusion will ever be made.

in 18 years john made about 67 million. in 6 years deron has already made almost 44 million.

The greatest president ever, General George Washington, only made $200,000 over his entire presidency. Obama made double that the first year alone!

My grandfather worked his first job for $65 dollars per year. I made twice that much in my first paycheck flipping burgers.

It's obvious we need to cut everyone's pay immediately.

Deron is in a slump. All the drama is in his head. He will overcome this, but it is painful to watch him struggle.

Deron is in a slump. All the drama is in his head. He will overcome this, but it is painful to watch him struggle.

I agree - it's really hard to watch. we got lots of games left boys. I don't know why everyone is giving up.

Okay im sorry but going after Deron because he is not John Stockton? Some of you fans should have gone with Malone when he went to the lakers. If you can't move on from the Jazz's old team, than you cant really consider yourself a Jazz fan. You were just a fan of a couple players.

I agree - it's really hard to watch. we got lots of games left boys. I don't know why everyone is giving up.

Sorry to dog on your guy, but DWill's head is screwed, and it's his own fault. He had a power struggle with Sloan and won, but left his game in the dumps while doing so. He didn't buy into Sloan and his teammates don't exactly buy into him. He doesn't follow and he doesn't lead, and before he'll figure it out he'll be outta here.

Just leave the Stock and Dwill comparison alone, guys. Different players, different era, different everything. The only similarity is that both are/were point guards for the Utah Jazz. It will run to 100 thread pages and no conclusion will ever be made.

This!

....lighten up! The guy made his first post, got no response....so I posted the first thing that came to my mind!

The greatest president ever, General George Washington, only made $200,000 over his entire presidency. Obama made double that the first year alone!

My grandfather worked his first job for $65 dollars per year. I made twice that much in my first paycheck flipping burgers.

It's obvious we need to cut everyone's pay immediately.

I was taught that elected politicians did not receive any compensation well into the 19th century. No?

I was taught that elected politicians did not receive any compensation well into the 19th century. No?

This is somewhat correct. Congress mainly received a per diem rate until 1855 (with one $1500 exception in 1815). However, the president and vice were paid handsomely. The first few presidents all made $25,000 per year.

Cabinet appointees were paid pretty well also, but they often signed away much more than anyone would dream of asking now. One guy over an early mint had to put up something like a $10,000 bond, and was under penalty of death for defrauding the currency (written right in the bill).