What's new

Derrick Rose Better Than LeBron James, Says D-Rose

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/derrick-rose-better-lebron-james-says-d-rose-173800205.html

COMMENTARY | Derrick Rose is a "better" NBA player than the Miami Heat's LeBron James, this claim coming out of the mouth of D-Rose.Although the Chicago Bulls star guard missed the entire season last year, Rose suggested he still can elevate his game higher than the league's reigning MVP on any given day. Imagine that?
In a July 24 CNN video, a reporter asked Rose what some called an asinine question: "Who is the best player in the NBA?" Without actually saying it, obviously his response was dismissive of James' talent.
Equally asinine was the response. Without batting an eye, the Bulls standout confidently replied by saying, "Derrick Rose."
Egad! There are no words, just egad!

Pretty hilarious. In order to be the best you actually have to play the game, Rose.

There's this unspoken rule that says if you are a top basketball player (like top 10) you have to say your the best, even if it's clearly not the case, or you are perceived as lacking confidence.

I actually could agree with him but I laughed at the last bit. If I was him, I would shut my mouth and try to reborn or something. Being out for an entire season for a young and MVP caliber talent is a big deal.

Lebron James shut Rose down in the playoffs.

I don't see how Rose could even think that.

Its not close.

There's this unspoken rule that says if you are a top basketball player (like top 10) you have to say your the best, even if it's clearly not the case, or you are perceived as lacking confidence.

This.

Remember when we all bashed on Big Al for gushing about Duncan? Would be ten times worse if Rose, the MVP a couple years ago, started naming off players he doesn't think he is as good as.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

This.

Remember when we all bashed on Big Al for gushing about Duncan? Would be ten times worse if Rose, the MVP a couple years ago, started naming off players he doesn't think he is as good as.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

I wouldn't expect DRose to say any pg was better than him, or even 95% of the players, but its idiotic to claim your better than the clear cut number one guy who shut ya down in the playoffs.