What's new

Deseret News - How Twitter reacted after Utah Jazz-LeBron James All-Star draft drama

R

Ryan McDonald

Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James (23) and Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert (27) compete for the ball at Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021.

Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James (23) and Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert (27) compete for the ball at Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021. | Laura Seitz, Deseret News

Immediately after the Utah Jazz’s Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert were the last two players chosen during the NBA All-Star draft and LeBron James took a shot at the Jazz on Thursday night, Twitter was buzzing with thoughts on what took place.

Here are some of the reactions.

Honestly, the last two days have been good for the Jazz. Just go full heels.

— Paolo Uggetti (@PaoloUggetti) March 5, 2021
We can be mad tonight, it’s okay.

But tomorrow let’s enjoy the must needed All-Star break, what this team has done so far, and the fact that we’re 100% healthy going into the 2nd half of the season.

Gotta think that games like tonight forges our team even closer.#TakeNote https://t.co/f7VMbTrO1Q

— Jazz Uniform Tracker (@JazzUniTracker) March 5, 2021
Live look at Jazz fans: pic.twitter.com/W9YAX4mc5f

— Spence Checketts (@spencechecketts) March 5, 2021
I'm crying man LeBron really said we are NOT slandering the Jazz we've just never had any respect for that franchise

— sreekar (@sreekyshooter) March 5, 2021
Some Jazz fans being mad about the all star draft is actually hilarious - and so is the fact that Gobert and Mitchell were the last two picks. Hopefully it makes Donovan want to win in Utah as an outsider a bit more

— RGiss (@rgiss11) March 5, 2021
"There’s no slander to the Utah Jazz" pic.twitter.com/VQKFiROtdN

— Mina Kimes (@minakimes) March 5, 2021
We’re all we need @utahjazz

— Britain Covey (@brit_covey2) March 5, 2021
There was a time when I was a fan of the league, I watched games not involving my team. That’s gone. Honestly it is players like LBJ and KD that pushed me that direction. I am a fan of one team. That’s it.

— David Marshall (@bwfanzzz) March 5, 2021
Now that I’ve had an hour to reflect on it I have realized that draft picks in an All-Star game in professional sports have absolutely zero impact on my life and I’m sorry I wasted time with this

— Andrew David Fox (@foxonabox_) March 5, 2021
Just watched the recording of the all-star draft and can’t believe Donovan and Rudy were the last two picks. Wow the disrespect is unreal.

— Jeremy Olsen (@JeremyOlsen41) March 5, 2021
Hey @spidadmitchell and @rudygobert27—I will personally build your statue outside of the Viv if one or both of you wear this shirt to the All-Star Game. #WePickedUtah pic.twitter.com/qlchaLlvBr

— Chase Observes (@Chase_Observes) March 5, 2021
I’ll never understand the irrational hate for Utah and the Jazz. It’s so weird to me.

— Nate Dredge (@natedredge) March 5, 2021
Quin should play Rudy more than LeBron, and then when he’s asked about it after the game, say “when I play video games I don’t play as LeBron”.

— (@CHALVIN2018) March 5, 2021
This is one whiny fanbase.

— Anne (@anne2themax) March 5, 2021
the best part about all of that was Gobert ended up on LeBron’s team anyway. if Rudy dunks on his own team’s basket to purposely lose the game and punts the ball into the upper deck i am buying his jersey. authentic.

— Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob) March 5, 2021

Full Story from the Deseret News...