What's new

Deshaun Watson - Allegations

Of the 20 something women who have filed civil lawsuits, why has only one person gone to the police? I’m not trying to cast shade, but how do you not?

Of the 20 something women who have filed civil lawsuits, why has only one person gone to the police? I’m not trying to cast shade, but how do you not?
We were raised, and still to some degree are still raising, to make women blame themselves and doubt themselves when they are abused. While I have not experienced this personally, I can see where a person might be full of doubts that they caused the attack on them, and then they hear it happened to 2 or 3 others, and realize it wasn't them after all.

We were raised, and still to some degree are still raising, to make women blame themselves and doubt themselves when they are abused. While I have not experienced this personally, I can see where a person might be full of doubts that they caused the attack on them, and then they hear it happened to 2 or 3 others, and realize it wasn't them after all.

This is a much harder sell after the Metoo movement, don't you think?

The point is they filed civil lawsuits though. So if they are willing to do that why not file a criminal lawsuit?

The point is they filed civil lawsuits though. So if they are willing to do that why not file a criminal lawsuit?
I don't know the details, but there could be issues such as not trusting the police (it's only recently that police have been learning to handle these cases without making the woman feel "dirty"), statute of limitations, not being serious enough to rise above misdemeanor, etc.

Anyone else notice how alarmingly silent the talking heads are about this? I haven't heard any major sports podcasters talking about this. Virtually no mention of it on ESPN cable. People who normally would be raising a voice about women's issues like this (Jelele Hill) are completely silent. Double standard?

Anyone else notice how alarmingly silent the talking heads are about this? I haven't heard any major sports podcasters talking about this. Virtually no mention of it on ESPN cable. People who normally would be raising a voice about women's issues like this (Jelele Hill) are completely silent. Double standard?
I see or hear about it a bit but not nearly as much as you'd think you would for something like this.