Discussion/Reviews of the D.O.N issue 1's

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
So my shoes arrived today and I wanted to get other peoples thoughts/reviews of their shoes.

I dont play basketball anymore and so I haven't bought basketball shoes in a long time. The last time I bought basketball shoes was in the late 90's. I bought some reebok Allen Iversons. I loved them and only used them on courts and they lasted forever. They are still in good condition to this day.
Its rare to have an opportunity to buy the signature shoes of a young likeable star (soon to be superstar) player that plays for the jazz. So I have been wanting to buy a pair for a while now. However since I dont play bball anymore I would use these shoes as my daily shoes that I wear everywhere and most of the D.O.N's are like most basketball shoes. Very colorful and flashy and dont go with much clothing. Especially an older dude like myself.
But once the price dropped to 50 bucks I felt like I had to pull the trigger. I would have spent 100 bucks on either pair, the blue or the white, of his team USA ones but for some reason he didnt release them. I still want a pair of those ones.
Anywho here are my honest thoughts on my shoes that arrived today.

When I first opened the box I was disappointed by how large they looked (and i bought a half size smaller than I normally do) and how low they are. My first thought was "Im glad these were only 50 bucks. If I paid 100 I would be mad."
Even after taking them out of the box I still wasn't very happy with them. As I started to look them over though I thought that the material quality and the construction was very good. Then I started to see all the little special details of the shoe that you dont really notice looking at them online.

Then I put them on. They felt snug but very comfortable and nice. I started walking around in them. They look way better on my feet than off. The colors really really pop and stand out in a good way so much more than I expected from looking at pictures. The more I walked in them the better they fit. I went for a jog. As I jogged around I just kept liking the look and feel of them more and more. I wore them on my way to work today and by the time I got to the locker room to put on my work boots, I didn't want to take them off.

If I were still playing a lot of bball then I would need some higher top shoes than these cause I have bad ankles but since I never play ball anymore that is not really an issue. They no longer looked so big. Instead I find them simply stunning looking and cant wait wear them around and show them off.

When I first opened the box my initial rating would have been like a 3 out 7 thumbs up. But after wearing them a bit and really getting to know the shoes I would rank them a perfect score of 7 out of 7 tomatoes.

Bad *** shoes.

Anyone else who has a pair go ahead and give your thoughts/review. I would love to see what you think of yours.

Last edited:
It's just my rating system
Hoping it catches on

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
b2154bf7-56c0-4a78-bf40-5c5af28fade8_screenshot.jpg

3 out of 7 brapples

I don’t wear sneakers as casual, everyday shoes. In fact, I don’t wear anything “sporty” when I ain’t sportin’.

I prefer better quality, longer lasting things, made out of natural fibers.

I don’t wear sneakers as casual, everyday shoes. In fact, I don’t wear anything “sporty” when I ain’t sportin’.

I prefer better quality, longer lasting things, made out of natural fibers.
My previous 4 pairs of shoes I have bought have all been altras. I freaking love them. I generally only wear one pair of shoes everyday until they wear out. My altras usually last a couple years of wearing them nearly literally everyday and are the most comfortable shoes ever.
These are my current altras that I like way better than my D.O.N.s and will continue to wear most of the time. I really only bought these new shoes cause of my jazzfandom
IMG_20200531_115819.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I would buy a pair if they came in a simple grey. The ones released all look like shoes a kid in elementary school would wear to me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

100% with fish. I bought the "Steaths" just to try them. I was actually disappointed with them when they arrived. After a couple 'wears' I didn't think I'd ever wear them again but I stuck with it for a couple more days to give it a legitimate chance.

I now have 8 pairs.

I would buy a pair if they came in a simple grey. The ones released all look like shoes a kid in elementary school would wear to me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
FV5579.html

There's some black ones that are nice