What's new

DM45 = Baron Davis

JGolds

Been watching some clips of Baron Davis the last few days and I think the style is similar. Especially during his Charlotte years. DM seems to be a better shooter. If you remove his first month in the NBA that's how it looks at least

PS I don't think this deserved its own thread, but wasn't sure where to put it

Could be. He projects to be a better shooter and I expect him to be a better defender.

I love prime Davis.

I was never a big BD fan. DM already a better scorer. Not as good at racking up assists (notice I didn't say passing).

minus the brain damage. of course.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/gil...e-excerpt-i-play-with-guns-washington-wizards

Caron Butler:

We had the next day off, but on the following day, December 21, practice started at ten o’clock at the Verizon Center so we all wandered in a little earlier.

When I entered the locker room, I thought I had somehow been transported back to my days on the streets of Racine. Gilbert was standing in front of his two locker stalls, the ones previously used by Michael Jordan, with four guns on display. Javaris was standing in front of his own stall, his back to Gilbert.

“Hey, MF, come pick one,” Gilbert told Javaris while pointing to the weapons. “I’m going to shoot your [expletive] with one of these.”

“Oh no, you don’t need to shoot me with one of those,” said Javaris, turning around slowly like a gunslinger in the Old West. “I’ve got one right here.”

He pulled out his own gun, already loaded, cocked it, and pointed it at Gilbert.

Other players who had been casually arriving, laughing and joking with each other, came to a sudden halt, their eyes bugging out. It took them only a few seconds to realize this was for real, a shootaround of a whole different nature. They all looked at each other and then they ran, the last man out locking the door behind him.

I didn’t panic because I’d been through far worse, heard gunshots more times than I could count, and seen it all before. This would have been just another day on the south side.

I talked calmly to Javaris, reminding him that his entire career, not to mention, perhaps, his life, would be over if he flicked that trigger finger.

I looked back at Gilbert. He was silent as he removed himself from the scene.

Javaris slowly lowered the gun.

I know that Gilbert was thinking, “I went too far. I had a gun pointed at me and it was loaded.”

Somebody outside the locker room called 911. Flip Saunders was the coach back then, but he was too scared to even come into the locker room.

^^^^ I like how the link is ftw.usatoday.com

I always said he's like gilbert arenas

I remember sitting in my living room watching Gilbert drain that 3 on D-will then turn around... It was an afternoon game... the sun was out... but it felt so dark inside my soul...

i can see the comparisons. DM is more explosive though. That's a big part of what i was comparing to Davis.

Donovan’s, Donovan. He’s good enough to just be him. A combination of his attitude, drive, humbleness, passing, driving,intelligence and shooting are just him. He’s uniquely Donovan Mitchell, and I want nothing more.

Wasn’t there an alt something like ‘Baron davis is donkey from Shrek’?

Donovan’s, Donovan. He’s good enough to just be him. A combination of his attitude, drive, humbleness, passing, driving,intelligence and shooting are just him. He’s uniquely Donovan Mitchell, and I want nothing more.

I can picture you singing this to Donovan.

Baron Davis was a bull dog and not a great passer at that. His characteristics on court are nothing like DM. Spida is keen to find the cross court pass when you least expect it. Baron Von Dick was a thug. Donny M. is pure class. BD was about strength and over powering players more than skill. DM is more skill than strength (and I am not saying he doesn't have plenty of strength).

They are very different players. I might as well say that Spida is going to be a repeat of Tracy McGrady or Steve McQueen. Donovan is amazing.

Been watching some clips of Baron Davis the last few days and I think the style is similar. Especially during his Charlotte years. DM seems to be a better shooter. If you remove his first month in the NBA that's how it looks at least

PS I don't think this deserved its own thread, but wasn't sure where to put it
You had to watch threads of Baron Davis play? You don't remember? How dare you compare him to DM in any way shape or form. Baron wasn't bad, but the playing styles are not even close to comparable. You might as well compare DM to a home video you saw about your golden retriever that died before you were born. Why does your family even keep a home video of their dead golden retriever? Your weird.