What's new

Donovan’s shoe/Spider-Man commercial

why are you so offended? It's almost like you think I attacked you or something

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app
Why do you think I'm offended? Why won't you answer the question?

Edit: oh I get it, you meant it in an offensive way so you expect people to be offended, makes sense

You're trying to make something out of nothing. I have better things to do

Uh huh. Suuuuure. Remember, you brought it up. You implied there was something to Colton that made it clear to you he wouldn't know Holland was British, but you won't explain what that was. Why not? Did you mean something negative about it? Did you get your foot stuck in your mouth?

That's an odd segment. That really puts Donovan on the spot for what he may or may not know. And the idea of Donovan in LA makes me nauseous.
I'm really trying to not read too much into it, but that and Kemba "going home" to NY gave me weird vibes. I guess we better enjoy him while he's here, cuz FA is a bitch for small markets.

Uh huh. Suuuuure. Remember, you brought it up. You implied there was something to Colton that made it clear to you he wouldn't know Holland was British, but you won't explain what that was. Why not? Did you mean something negative about it? Did you get your foot stuck in your mouth?

I'm really trying to not read too much into it, but that and Kemba "going home" to NY gave me weird vibes. I guess we better enjoy him while he's here, cuz FA is a bitch for small markets.
Same weird vibe, but I wasn’t going to say anything, so since you did lol....I feel like there’s a few things that have been subtle things that I feel like I’m reading too much into, but tbh I’m not sure it is reading too much into it. His last like on twitter is also this

I’ve seen him say he’s not going to LA, Houston, Boston, GS, and a few other places on social media when fans say “come to .....” in his comments....but I’ve yet to see him say he’s not going to the Knicks....and that is in his mentions far more than any of the others he replies on. In every interview when the Knicks are brought up I always feel like he’s doesn’t really say no, it’s always “I’m a believer in things happen for a reason”. Then there’s the questions of whether he wishes the Knicks would have drafted him “who wouldn’t want to play at home” ....that’s basically an exact quote of what Melo said in the time leading up to him wanting the Nuggets to trade him to NY. Idk, maybe it’s reading too far into things....but I do think those weird vibes are warranted.

When he got to Kemba I was really hoping he was going to say he’d stay in Charlotte.....and then he gave the answer I thought would tell me more about what’s in his mind tbh. He’ll be here a while, but there’s subtle things that I think we’ll look back on and say yeah, probably should have seen that coming, one day.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain most people who know who Tom Holland is also know that he is British. I'm just saying that it makes sense that Colton doesn't know that he's British, that's all.

Literally the only movies I've seen him in are the MCU ones and I've never seen any interviews with him. So I'm not sure what you are reading into that, but whatever.

Same weird vibe, but I wasn’t going to say anything, so since you did lol....I feel like there’s a few things that have been subtle things that I feel like I’m reading too much into, but tbh I’m not sure it is reading too much into it. His last like on twitter is also this

I’ve seen him say he’s not going to LA, Houston, Boston, GS, and a few other places on social media when fans say “come to .....” in his comments....but I’ve yet to see him say he’s not going to the Knicks....and that is in his mentions far more than any of the others he replies on. In every interview when the Knicks are brought up I always feel like he’s doesn’t really say no, it’s always “I’m a believer in things happen for a reason”. Then there’s the questions of whether he wishes the Knicks would have drafted him “who wouldn’t want to play at home” ....that’s basically an exact quote of what Melo said in the time leading up to him wanting the Nuggets to trade him to NY. Idk, maybe it’s reading too far into things....but I do think those weird vibes are warranted.

When he got to Kemba I was really hoping he was going to say he’d stay in Charlotte.....and then he gave the answer I thought would tell me more about what’s in his mind tbh. He’ll be here a while, but there’s subtle things that I think we’ll look back on and say yeah, probably should have seen that coming, one day.

And did you guys miss where he said that if he were Kawhi that he’d stay? Pretend you’re in his shoes but playing somewhere else and people ask you about playing in Utah. Here’s the difference, though: NY is a **** franchise. They have nothing. They traded Zinger for cap space and it’s possible they come away empty handed. Maybe at some point we lose him to his hometown, but as presently constituted it’s not until he’s accomplished what he needs to in Utah, because it ain’t happening there unless things really turn around, and things haven’t been “turned around” there since Ewing, sans JVG’s fluke finals year, and Donovan was like 2.

Being from NYC and liking the Knicks is like being nominally Catholic and wearing a cross — it’s part of your culture, but not really dictating anything.

Last edited:
And did you guys miss where he said that if he were Kawhi that he’d stay? Pretend you’re in his shoes but playing somewhere else and people ask you about playing in Utah. Here’s the difference, though: NY is a **** franchise. They have nothing. They traded Zinger for cap space and it’s possible they come away empty handed. Maybe at some point we lose him to his hometown, but as presently constituted it’s not until he’s accomplished what he needs to in Utah, because it ain’t happening there unless things really turn around, and things haven’t been “turned around” there since Ewing, sans JVG’s fluke finals year, and Donovan was like 2.

Being from NYC and liking the Knicks is like being nominally Catholic and wearing a cross — it’s part of your culture, but not really dictating anything.
Okay sure...but Knicks are the largest market and some of you really are underestimating the pull of the Garden to a kid who grew up in NYC. The Knicks can be as terrible as ever, but KD was still headed there until he tore that achilles, they were on ADs trade list....there’s still a pull to the Garden and the biggest market despite how dysfunctional and terrible that franchise and James Dolan are. And PS I love Donovan I’m just saying.

Okay sure...but Knicks are the largest market and some of you really are underestimating the pull of the Garden to a kid who grew up in NYC. The Knicks can be as terrible as ever, but KD was still headed there until he tore that achilles, they were on ADs trade list....there’s still a pull to the Garden and the biggest market despite how dysfunctional and terrible that franchise and James Dolan are.
Our window is now. We have Gobert, Mitchell, Conley, and Ingles (and Exum, unfortunately) under team control for the next two years. If he leaves after that, then he’s 1) not aligning with the fantasy we have in our minds about him or 2) DL has failed to really make us into a legitimate contender. I’ll cross that bridge if/when we get there. No sense in stressing now. Live in the moment.

Our window is now. We have Gobert, Mitchell, Conley, and Ingles (and Exum, unfortunately) under team control for the next two years. If he leaves after that, then he’s 1) not aligning with the fantasy we have in our minds about him or 2) DL has failed to really make us into a legitimate contender. I’ll cross that bridge if/when we get there. No sense in stressing now. Live in the moment.
Mitchell would have to be very upset to leave after his rookie contract. What max or near max level player has ever done that? A few have only done a 2 year contract at that point like DWill but I can think of anyone that has tried to leave that early. He'll be a RFA and likely will sign a 4 year max deal.

Mitchell would have to be very upset to leave after his rookie contract. What max or near max level player has ever done that? A few have only done a 2 year contract at that point like DWill but I can think of anyone that has tried to leave that early. He'll be a RFA and likely will sign a 4 year max deal.
Him being an actual FA is a long way off for sure. And if the Jazz are smart they’ll offer him the 5 year max next summer/fall the second they can do so. He’ll sign the 5 year max next summer or fall. It’s too much life changing money not to sign in. KAT signed it in Minnesota even while Jimmy was throwing a fit and Booker signed it in Phoenix. No player under the new CBA has turned down the 5-year max extension off their rookie contract. He’s here for a while for sure.