What's new

DraftExpress Tweet

Zerol

This is from the DraftExpress' Tweeter page:

Utah “looking for a wing scorer who can come in and play big minutes right away.” Dead heat between Babbitt (slight edge) and Hayward.

I personally would hate it either way. They should be looking for someone with more upside (George for example) or a big.

The only Hayward I want on the Jazz is Lazar Hayward. And selected in the 2nd round or signed as an undrafted FA.

I think we should take a tweet from Draftexpress with a grain of salt. At the same time Chad Ford thinks we would take Davis at 9 if he were still there. Not saying we are not taking Babbitt, but all sorts of people claim they have inside sources who do not.

I would be very annoyed if we got Babbitt, but would be near postal if we took Hayward. At this point, I would be happy with any of Monroe, Udoh, Davis, Patterson, Whiteside, Aldrich, Henry, and maybe George. If we get either of these two, then we better be trading DOWN for 2 players in the 10-20 range.

I would be very annoyed if we got Babbitt, but would be near postal if we took Hayward. At this point, I would be happy with any of Monroe, Udoh, Davis, Patterson, Whiteside, Aldrich, Henry, and maybe George. If we get either of these two, then we better be trading DOWN for 2 players in the 10-20 range.

Why? You don't want a guy who is only valued this much because he led Butler to a title appearance? Agreed, they better not take Hayward.

The college game is different than the NBA game. The only guys Hayward will be able to guard at the next level are Korver and Kapono.

Maybe we draft the wing knowing we're not going to re-sign Korver or match Wes so we can use that money toward re-signing Boozer. A Miles/AK/Babbitt trio at the wings is what our future entails?

Why? You don't want a guy who is only valued this much because he led Butler to a title appearance? Agreed, they better not take Hayward.

I don't think Hayward would have ANY positive impact at all during his rookie deal. He is a good passer with good court vision, but he is not big enough, not good enough of a shooter, not good enough at creating his own shot, and won't be able to stop even the other team's bench players on defense. Also, he does NOTHING to fill a team need.

I don't think Hayward would have ANY positive impact at all during his rookie deal. He is a good passer with good court vision, but he is not big enough, not good enough of a shooter, not good enough at creating his own shot, and won't be able to stop even the other team's bench players on defense. Also, he does NOTHING to fill a team need.

Agreed. I am unimpressed by his game overall and I will want to be like that guy in Philly who was arrested for purposely puking on the cop and his kid if we draft Hayward. Except I will want to puke on KOC.

Gotta love fair weather fans who will stop being fans due to a draft pick. Lets put it this way, when I was at the 1985 draft party and the Jazz selected Karl Malone there were a lot of boos. I don't think anyone knows how someone will do in the NBA until tested. If we draft Babbitt, I am not going to stop supporting my team.

Hayward is going to be a better defender than Korver, and many people on here praise Korver's (attempt at) "defense".