What's new

Dwight & Paul to the Hawks?

Twin Towers

Clippers do not have the cap room to sign Dwight and Chris Paul. So Paul is stuck with its current roster unless the Celtics decide to trade with the Clippers for Garnet and Paul Peirce.

https://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba...ul-dwight-howard-hoping-play-together-sources

Me personally I would rather have a combination of Chris Paul, Dwight Howard & Al Horford than Paul, Blake Griffin & Jordan.

The other option is Dallas but Dirk's game won't last long. Al Horford is under contract for 3 more years also and he can finally play the 4 position.

How does this effect the Jazz?

Jeff Teague

He is a restricted free agent. Normally we back off of these types of free agents after never getting Jason Terry, Elton Brand & Corey Maggette. And it tied up our funds so we didn't get much talent that year(2003) while everyone else that we could of signed went elsewhere.
BUT
If this did happen we could easily steal Jeff Teague from the Hawks. They couldn't afford to match a contract offer from us.

I know it might seem unlikely but if I was in Chris Paul's position I would go to the Hawks with Dwight & Horford rather than stay with the Clippers which would really be beneficial to the Jazz.

We have a general NBA forum (where you ripped this from anyway):

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php...ing-to-team-up&p=587179&viewfull=1#post587179

pFYoGUX.gif

I didn't steal it from there. I never go to General NBA forum. Thanks though for the accusation.

But looks like someone beat me to it though for sure. Jeff Teague would be a great fit here.

Honestly I think it is bogus to move something from the Jazz section to the General just because it listed other teams when it directly effects the Jazz.

Jazz are usually a team that sits back and waits for the big moves to happen than they are ready to pounce on where the pieces fell after when most teams are not looking that far ahead.

There's another rumor floating around LA that would involve Howard in a S&T moving to the Clippers' locker room in the Staples Center and the Lakers getting Griffin and Bledsoe. To me, this sounds like the most plausible idea. CP3 and Howard get their MAX deals and Griffin, who has grumbled about being a Clipper, dons the purple and gold. Also takes care of Bledsoe, who would not be re-signing with LAC if CP3 re-ups.

there's another rumor floating around la that would involve howard in a s&t moving to the clippers' locker room in the staples center and the lakers getting griffin and bledsoe. To me, this sounds like the most plausible idea. Cp3 and howard get their max deals and griffin, who has grumbled about being a clipper, dons the purple and gold. Also takes care of bledsoe, who would not be re-signing with lac if cp3 re-ups.

**** la