What's new

Eric Paschall to the Jazz, eh?

The Jazz Wonderbra

Does it make sense? Is he the small ball hero we are looking for? Being buds with Donovan doesn't hurt. He is a budgetary PJ Tucker type player who had a great Rookie season followed by a befuddled sophomore slump with Wiseman on the roster.

Who are we trading for him? A second round pick? Bummer we couldn't trade Matty Ice. Does this indicate that we are willing to bring in Donovan's buds to keep Spida happy? Franky Nikiltina anyone?

Does it make sense? Is he the small ball hero we are looking for? Being buds with Donovan doesn't hurt. He is a budgetary PJ Tucker type player who had a great Rookie season followed by a befuddled sophomore slump with Wiseman on the roster.

Who are we trading for him? A second round pick? Bummer we couldn't trade Matty Ice. Does this indicate that we are willing to bring in Donovan's buds to keep Spida happy? Franky Nikiltina anyone?
Warriors fans seem suspiciously willing to trade him, which never bodes well. Apparently he's a black hole who doesn't rebound or play defense. Perhaps we can fix him. Perhaps it's enough that he's Donovan's buddy.

No way Warriors trade him for ingles. Ingles is a broken down balding scrub. Watch him in the playoffs the past couple years , he’s absolute doo doo

I don't think he's any better than Brantley. Probably worse at defense, at least on the perimeter.

Other than a Georges sign and trade, I am not sure what deal works for Paschall. I mean, I guess we could give up a second rounder and use a TPE?

Or, we could wait 30 days (when Mooney is tradeable) and trade Ingles for Looney, Paschall, and Mooney. Works salary-wise, but we are probably throwing in picks for an Ingles one year rental.

I don't think he's any better than Brantley. Probably worse at defense, at least on the perimeter.
C'mon now? Paschall no better than Jarrell? That's hometown bias right there. Paschall has a solid midrange game, and has a good touch around the basket. I doubt Jarrell scores 34 points in an NBA game in his career... Eric did that in his rookie year.

I’ve cooled a lot on him in the last 24 hours.
Yep. I initially liked the idea of him remembering him at Nova and seeming to remember a strong rookie year, but the stats are meh.

I’m okay giving up a second round pick and using a TPE for him as an “appease Don” move, but I don’t think he fills any need particularly well.

I hate any trade involving Ingles to GSW that doesn’t involve Moody, Kuminga, or future picks. Nothing else there I want.

Cleveland is a much more interesting Ingles trade partner.

I wouldn’t mind him as a replacement for Niang. I don’t like giving up Jingles for him. I love Jingles and believe if he’s traded, it needs to be for something more than a Niang replacement.

Besides, I wouldn’t do deals with potential contenders in the west. Why help GS beat us?

Honestly I’d be more interested in his college teammate, Omari Spellman. I think he’s with Atlanta or something. He could play a Portis like role for us.

The rumor now is Moody/Paschall/Looney to Utah for Ingles, or something is going to happen with Kelly Oubre S&T to another team to create a trade exception they use to get Ingles (and I assume give us Moody/Paschall).

I'd love Paschall on the squad. Good glue guy and think he'll be a solid role player for a long-time. Shot the ball better from deep in college than he has in the pros so I suspect that's a skill that can continue to be developed.

Also think he plays bigger than he is. 7'0 wingspan and sort of has the Elton Brand syndrome with respect to his height - high shoulders and short neck which is wasted height in basketball.

I wouldn’t mind him as a replacement for Niang. I don’t like giving up Jingles for him. I love Jingles and believe if he’s traded, it needs to be for something more than a Niang replacement.

Besides, I wouldn’t do deals with potential contenders in the west. Why help GS beat us?

Honestly I’d be more interested in his college teammate, Omari Spellman. I think he’s with Atlanta or something. He could play a Portis like role for us.
Spellman was waived by the Knicks earlier this year and is now in the G league.

Also the more I think about it, the more I’m just generally down on sending Joe to the Warriors period. Moody wouldn’t replace his contributions here, we don’t need more guards, and Joe could make them a nightmare.

I love the idea of Moody, but swapping him out for Ingles is not a win-now move. Isn’t that the point of this off-season, basically?

Last edited:
I hope they don’t trade Ingles. Even if Moody is included. I would hope we could sign someone that would allow Ingles to be less integral to our offense but still heavily involved. He’s arguably one of the best shooters out there, he has length and though he’s lost a step or two is still savvy. Plus, I think his locker room presence alone is worth a lot. Finally, don’t help the Warriors, they’ve had their turn.

Also the more I think about, the more I’m just generally down on sending Joe to the Warriors period. Moody wouldn’t replace his contributions here, and we don’t need more guards and Joe could make them a nightmare.

I love the idea of Moody, but swapping him out for Ingles is not a win-now move. Isn’t that the point of this off-season, basically?
You posted this right when I posted. Moving Ingles doesn’t sit well with me, especially if we’re in win now/all in mode.