What's new

Eric Paschall to the Jazz, eh?

The rumor now is Moody/Paschall/Looney to Utah for Ingles, or something is going to happen with Kelly Oubre S&T to another team to create a trade exception they use to get Ingles (and I assume give us Moody/Paschall).
Make it Moody/Paschall and S&T Oubre for Ingles and I would be very interested.

C'mon now? Paschall no better than Jarrell? That's hometown bias right there. Paschall has a solid midrange game, and has a good touch around the basket. I doubt Jarrell scores 34 points in an NBA game in his career... Eric did that in his rookie year.
There’s zero chance Jarrell Brantley is better than Paschall.

There’s also zero chance a deal centered around Ingles and Paschall makes any sense for us. Unless it also involves a significant young player or future draft capital. One year of Ingles may well be better than Paschall’s entire career.

Things have been notoriously quiet lately. Feels like there’s a big shoe or two to drop and then we’ll hear about a bunch more deals.

You posted this right when I posted. Moving Ingles doesn’t sit well with me, especially if we’re in win now/all in mode.
I’ve been down on these Ingles to GS ideas the entire time. Paschall isn’t even close enough to good enough, and even though he’s young and talented, I don’t get the Moody love.

a) Ingles for moody hurts our title chances this year
b) the bulk of the talent and salary cap has already been spent on guards that can score, doesn’t seem like we need another.

The rumor now is Moody/Paschall/Looney to Utah for Ingles, or something is going to happen with Kelly Oubre S&T to another team to create a trade exception they use to get Ingles (and I assume give us Moody/Paschall).
I saw both suggested in the piece in the Athletic as a way of making it worth, but it seemed more like hypothetical ways it could work, not a report or rumor on a trade that was actually being discussed.

a) Ingles for moody hurts our title chances this year
b) the bulk of the talent and salary cap has already been spent on guards that can score, doesn’t seem like we need another.
Isn’t Moody more of a guard wing tweener? I still don’t love it either.

Moving Bogey has always made more sense, but I’m kinda liking how the roster is shaping up with adding Gay and think the better roster move at this point might be adding some dudes like a Winslow or a James Ennis at the minimum and just seeing if that’s enough defense on the wing to win a title. We can always reevaluate at the deadline.

Isn’t Moody more of a guard wing tweener? I still don’t love it either.

Moving Bogey has always made more sense, but I’m kinda liking how the roster is shaping up with adding Gay and think the better roster move at this point might be adding some dudes like a Winslow or a James Ennis at the minimum and just seeing if that’s enough defense on the wing to win a title. We can always reevaluate at the deadline.
From what I can tell, that’s exactly what is, which is why I’m scratching my head. He’d get almost no PT. And yep, I think the only thing needed now is a cheap perimeter defender, Ennis would be good.

Just say no to Oubre. The idea of him is great, but the actual him is meh.
I really liked him in the playoffs a couple years ago. He was very impactful on both ends. He's a rough fit lately though. Still the type of player we can use that can switch on defense and play decent man defense on 2/3d.

Get Frankie smokes next! We going all in lol. LFG!.. Tremendous offseason for JZ. The trees of liberty are littered with the blood of tyrants. Word to Thomas Jefferson. All we needed was the tyrant DL to get decapitated. JZ has ascended. Just in time with the arrival of an eager and earnest young hipster noob owner who idolizes Mark Cuban. A new Era is upon us fellas. The juice is worth the squeeze!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Get Frankie smokes next! We going all in lol. LFG!.. Tremendous offseason for JZ. The trees of liberty are littered with the blood of tyrants. Word to Thomas Jefferson. All we needed was the tyrant DL to get decapitated. JZ has ascended. Just in time with the arrival of an eager and earnest young hipster noob owner who idolizes Mark Cuban. A new Era is upon us fellas. The juice is worth the squeeze!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Calm the f down wtf lol