What's new

Exit Interviews

Not freaking out but there are lots of different and better ways to get salary for trades. If the argument is “we need his salary to reach the floor to trade in 2 years” then you already lost.
not saying that we need it to reach the floor, was moreso implying for matching salaries in trades for players -- I just know you've complained about this trade on a nearly weekly basis for at least a year and imo it's not deserving of that level of ire

- George

Interesting... it sounds like Key is not the chosen one... yet. It sounds like Lauri will be sticking around. It sounds like we will pursue big trades but they may not happen.

I'm going to stick with my prediction that this could be a really interesting offseason but likely ends up a boring dud that frustrates people.
I get it that he's shown some flashes, but I have no idea how anyone can be confident he's the chosen one after this type of rookie year. I'm not saying it was a bad season for him... he got to play a lot and he got a lot of chances to test himself and see where he needs to improve in the off-season. But lets not act like he had a Donovan Mitchell type of rookie season. He had worse rookie season than Kessler had last year for example and we all see how his second year went. Improvement is not guaranteed for anybody and Keyonte will need A LOT of improvement and much better consistency in order to be a starting guard for a good team(let alone contending team). Just my 2 cent...

DA's comments on Edey were awesome. Hit the nail on the head. Sounds like NBA teams are as conflicted as we are.

Hands down the most polarizing prospect I can remember. Open and shut best player in the country in college with a completely opaque NBA future.
At least we know whose decision it is when/if we draft him.

I get that not everything can go your way….but I am not glazing a GM because he said we almost did something and that’s why our situation was bad. It’s an eloquent way of saying we tried, failed, and had to pivot. It happens….doesn’t change the fact that it was a failure. It doesn’t really matter if the moves would have made more sense had you been able to execute a move that didn’t happen.
Especially since we don't even know what the alternative path was and how it would have worked... you are leaving a ton of things to the imagination of the fans to fill in as an alternative reality.