What's new

FIFA World Cup 2018

MVP

Lets discuss groups, matchups, predictions. Who are you cheering for ?

Group A: I expect Russia to struggle as they really do not have a enough talent and team like Egypt can upset them. Uruguay should win the group unless Suarez does something stupid again and gets suspended. Prediction: 1.Uruguay, 2. Egypt, 3. Russia, 4. Saudi Arabia.

Group B: Easy one to predict. 1.Spain, 2. Portugal, 3, Morocco, 4. Iran.

Group C: Everybody is saying France will win it - the thing is they play last game vs Denmark when both teams in my opinion will be already qualified so some tactics who to play in playoffs may take place. I expect Argentina to struggle in group so they may end up being nr. 2 team in opposite bracket thus making second place and facing Croatia or Iceland a more enticing prospect. Anyway I predict still think France will end up at nr 1. 1. France, 2. Denmark, 3. Peru, 4. Australia.

Group D: group of death and not easy to predict at all. All 4 teams can go through. Something tells me Argentina will struggle, they barely qualified and besides Messi talent is lacking. I will predict with a bit of bias towards Iceland: 1. Iceland, 2.Argentina, 3. Croatia, 4. Nigeria.

Group E: Should be an easy one for Brazil. second place is up for grabs, I think Serbia will get it. Prediction: 1. Brazil, 2. Serbia, 3. Switzerland, 4. Costa Rica.

Group F: Another one where Europeans should qualify. Mexico is quite overrated IMHO. 1. Germany, 2. Sweden, 3. Mexico, 4. Korea.

Group G: Everybody in England were happy with the draw but since when England can take anybody for granted? They will struggle I think. 1. Belgium, 2. England, 3. Panama, 4. Tunisia.

Group H: Poland has probably the best striker in the world and solid midfield as well, should be enough to go through. They can be one of those dark horses and go far in this World cup especially if their defence improves. 1. Poland, 2. Colombia, 3. Senegal, 4. Japan.

I will cheer for Denmark ( been their fan since 1984) and Iceland. Will support Poland and Sweden as well. But I think Germany at the end will repeat as champs. They are just a well oiled football machine.