What's new

Fox Sports 1

scootsy

Pretty lame launch day if you ask me. Fox Sports Live aired live once, and that recorded copy aired for ten consecutive hours.

Took over the Speed channel, and the content didn't change much. Saw two different NASCAR or rally cup racing programs.. High hopes, been disappointed so far.

I watched some fox sports live and it was super awkward.

Every joke or witty remark the anchors made fell flat and there was a lot of weird, dead air. I'm gonna keep watching though cuz I'm sick of espn and how formulaic and predictable it is and how they latch on to one story line and hype the **** of it. Hoping fox 1 gets better.

This post brought to you by UGLI baby

Glad we have it on DirecTV. Hopefully they show a lot of Pac12 games since we don't get the network.

LOL @ Eddie George on FS1 trying to defend pre-season rankings. The channel launched and has been crap so far lol...

I watched some fox sports live and it was super awkward.

Every joke or witty remark the anchors made fell flat and there was a lot of weird, dead air.

I watched a little last night - all the jokes seemed scripted. Nothing organic.

Gotta love Randy Moss as an NFL Analyst - I'm guessing Rae Carruth wasn't available.

The Utes host the first FS1 college football game.

UT state @ Utah

Not like I'll be watching it on tv doe.

The Strahan 1-on-1 interview with Tom Brady was good, which is the only thing I've watched in full so far. I'm having an issue with my screen ratio though during Fox Live. Portions are cut off my screen, which makes it annoying.

I don't know, I have DirectTV so anything that kicks a few USC games off of the Pac 12 Network is cool with me and the fact that I can watch the Ute train wreck from my couch now without running crappy Internet streams through the TV is a nice ancillary benefit.

The Strahan 1-on-1 interview with Tom Brady was good, which is the only thing I've watched in full so far. I'm having an issue with my screen ratio though during Fox Live. Portions are cut off my screen, which makes it annoying.

I don't know, I have DirectTV so anything that kicks a few USC games off of the Pac 12 Network is cool and the fact that I can watch the Ute train wreck from my couch now, instead of crappy Internet streams is an ancillary benefit.

Would first of all like to point out that you seem like a strange person and I am glad you are not part of the Ute family.

The next thing I would like to say is that I am not happy to find out that micheal Strahan is employed by this network. Why do they purposely put super obnoxious people on television?

That's all I have to say at this time.

The Strahan 1-on-1 interview with Tom Brady was good, which is the only thing I've watched in full so far.

I thought it sucked but mostly because Brady is an absolute ****ing bore.

The guy is this generation's Joe Montana in every sense of the word.

No, I have no interest in watching racing. Right up there with Tennis.

Stoked is saving the chips and salsa for the big Al Jazeera America launch tomorrow.

(I actually am excited to see that. Oil money flowing into well produced documentaries could be epic.)

watching their college football preview.... lol...

4 panelists, two picked stanford to win the pac-12, another picked ASU, and the last picked WASHINGTON, with the caveat to "watch out for colorado"... what the hell is up with this channel? it is laughably awful.

I liked their interview with Mark Cuban though. But every media appearance of him is funny usually.

Washington isn't a terrible pick. If Keith Price can quarterback a little more intelligently, they could be up there. Kasen Williams/AS Jenkings are good targets. Bishop Sankey ran for 1500 yards last year. Their defense is usually solid. They've got the pieces.

Washington isn't a terrible pick. If Keith Price can quarterback a little more intelligently, they could be up there. Kasen Williams/AS Jenkings are good targets. Bishop Sankey ran for 1500 yards last year. Their defense is usually solid. They've got the pieces.

Washington IS a terrible pick. They are in the North division, they don't just have to beat the other division's best team in the title game, they have to beat out Oregon and Stanford to just get a spot in the game...

I easily watch Fox 1 more than espn. I have been waiting for this new station so I can finally have a choice of who to get my sports from.
Espn is so freaking pc and political with what stories they choose to air (no point in saying which way they lean, its obvious). They have 4-5 teams in each sport they force at us.
I am just happy to have a choice now, yes I will still watch espn.
I think Fox 1 has done very well over the first week. Lots of obvious espn copying going on, but hey, it works.