What's new

Friday Night Lights

scootsy

Anybody watch this show?

I just watched the first season and really enjoyed it.

I played football when I went to high school in Texas and I readily admit that the themes and moods of the show are almost spot-on for a community and football team in a texas town. and for a sports show/movie, the actual football was fairly accurate, for the first half of the season at least. the second half, the football just got a little too fantastical... overly dramatic.

overall, i recommend

One of the best shows evar.

Really good for like 3 seasons, after that a little shaky.

This post brought to you by UGLI baby

i luv sports movies/shows one thousand times more if the actual sport scenes are well-done and realistic

i luv sports movies/shows one thousand times more if the actual sport scenes are well-done and realistic

You should check out this movie called The Sandlot
Way realistic baseball bro

Halfway through the second season, so no spoilers guys... but I am really enjoying the Santiago storyline.

This is on my list of shows to watch. I've heard a lot about it and everyone always raves.

Yes, he plays a badass RB that's a little bit of a loose cannon. One of my favorite characters...kid is a pretty good actor.

Michael B. Jordan. He was just in the movie Fruitvale Station which is excellent. His star is hopefully on the rise.

Season 2 of this show is terrible (or whichever one has the murder story arc). Everything else is great. Just get through season 2. I think it was shortened by the writers strike so it shouldn't be hard to do. Nearly all of the story threads get dropped anyway.