What's new

Game Thread - 12/1/14 Denver at Utah, 7 pm (Root) *THE RETURN OF ALEC*

Trey Burke can not stay in front of anybody,he is so small he gets chewed up on all picks and is the main reason our defense gives up so many points.he puts the bigs in horrible spots.Exum has length and stays in front of his man .Start Exum and watch our D improve drastically.

Anyone have a clip of the flagrant foul on burks? They didn't show a replay at the game and I wanna see how bad it was

Brutal.

[video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/30024A6DA11151418296131104768_SW_WEBM_1417493725956cfc9a09c85.mp4?versionId=kX5g9zrIkXdgffswXUttkoOj4lh9ejV8

Man these losses are becoming depressing. Mostly because the Jazz could have 3 or so more wins with just a few breaks going their way.

It's the breaks for a young team. I think we've all seen this play out with young teams over the years.

I don't have a replay.
It was pretty Damn brutal..... but imo unintentional. Afflalo went for the ball but Burks made a nice double pump and made it basically unblockable so afflalo hit Burks pretty hard right in the face.

Burks was pretty high up in the air and going pretty fast at the rim. Burks hit the floor really hard and was really lucky he wasn't hurt.

It looked about as bad as any foul you will see..... but like I said, it was not malicious/intentional imo

Def unintentional. But still a flagrant in my opinion.

Also hated the technical on Briggs. That rule should be changed. Burks gets hammered on the head and goes to the floor. It's a flagrant 2. Trainer runs out to make sure he's ok and gets assessed a "T" for leaving the bench before he's officially summoned. That's a ***** call.

Im rarely, rarely one to complain about the refs but it just seems like the Jazz don't get the calls.

Sucks we lost but we're young and will improve and begin winning these close games (the question is when). Nice to see Kanter playing decent also.

I like you.

Trey Burke can not stay in front of anybody,he is so small he gets chewed up on all picks and is the main reason our defense gives up so many points.he puts the bigs in horrible spots.Exum has length and stays in front of his man .Start Exum and watch our D improve drastically.

I like Burke. I support Burke. His man on man defense at the perimeter is pretty bad. Well, I noticed it last night for the first time. I'll have to pay more attention to it now.

What is this guy's ****ing problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMTxEMr6Os

Damn that was cheap, intentional, dirty, and a pretty good elbow.

Proud of Hayward for taking it like a man

Hayward had a nasty behind the back dribble into a step back jumper right over Chandler in the final minute to put us up. Hayward has really upped his 1-on-1 scoring ability when it comes to his midrange game. It will be exciting to see if he can add a post-game next year. I think that is the next step to round out his scoring. That is really the last thing he needs to add to be one of the most complete scorers in the NBA.

how many points over a game do you estimate this change would make ?

Hayward had a nasty behind the back dribble into a step back jumper right over Chandler in the final minute to put us up. Hayward has really upped his 1-on-1 scoring ability when it comes to his midrange game. It will be exciting to see if he can add a post-game next year. I think that is the next step to round out his scoring. That is really the last thing he needs to add to be one of the most complete scorers in the NBA.

That shot didn't put us up. We never had the lead in the last minute.

The NBA rescinded the technical foul on Briggs.
Was the correct thing to do to have him not pay a fine. I guess the usual procedure is for the HC to call a 20-second timeout so the trainer can go out on the floor. So partly on Quin for not doing that. It's just a silly rule, though. Action is stopped, player is down on the floor from a blow to the head and you CAN'T run out and attend to him? Ridiculous.