What's new

Game Thread - Jazz @ Kings - 8:00 PM MST

JazzMan4Life

Contributor
When: Friday, November 1, 2019 8:00 PM MST
Where: Golden 1 Center
TV: ATT Sports Net

The Utah Jazz (5-1) are rolling into Sacramento (0-5) to take on the Kings with quite a bit of momentum after a big win against the LA Clippers. Mountain Mike Conley scored a season high 29 points in the Jazz’s victory over the Kawhi Leonard-less Clippers. While the Clippers didn’t have their best player, they’re still a tough defensive team and have Jazz killer Lou Williams. With Conley back on his A game, the Jazz hope they can keep Sacramento down in their sorrows.

Sacramento’s season isn’t starting the way the anticipated. An injury to their prized big man—at least he better be prized because he was selected before Luka Doncic—Marvin Bagley is out with a fractured thumb. They have lost every game this season by 7 points or more, including two by 20+ points, one of which was to the Utah Jazz last week. They have the one of the league’s worst offenses (29th) to start the season and to add insult to injury, one of the worst defenses (27th).

Although the Kings are winless, they are dangerous. They still have De’Aaron Fox who can be a nightmare for opposing guards with his speed and quickness, they have Buddy Hield who can heat up in a hurry, and wings Bogdan Bogdanovic and Harrison Barnes—while unreliable—are known for the point explosion. The Jazz’s defense tonight—as it always is—will be key as they will attempt to make De’Aaron Fox a one man show by eliminating his cast and crew’s ability to score in this one.

While those players are dangerous, the Kings don’t have one player who is averaging over 16 points a game, and they look to be in for a rough season. The key for Utah is to continue their sorrows and not let tonight be the game that turns their season around.

https://www.slcdunk.com/2019/11/1/2...o-kings-mountain-mike-conley-donovan-mitchell

iu

Warning: A couple bad words in this video

The Kings are going to play hard, but I don't think they have enough talent to win, even if Fox, Hield and Bogdan Bogdanovic all go off. With Bagley out, they just don't have quality bigs. Jazz will stay home on defense and probably hold them to 100 points or less.

The Jazz have enough weapons with Conley, Mitchell and Bogey that one of them could have a bad game, and we'd still have a good offensive night.

I was feeling really good about this game until I listened to the first two or three minutes of Locke today. He all but come out and said he thinks we're going to lose.

I was feeling really good about this game until I listened to the first two or three minutes of Locke today. He all but come out and said he thinks we're going to lose.
Why?

That said, it’s hard for a team to go 0-6.

This is the closest we get to a head-to-head between DL and PGAB.
I wonder if DL will ever graduate another three levels in order to earn a real head-to-head match-up—way up in the blinding light of pure genius.

Why?

That said, it’s hard for a team to go 0-6.

He basically just thinks the Kings are going to show some pride tonight after starting out 0-5 and thinks they're going to have a ton of energy. He also mentioned how this is our 6th game in 10 days and we haven't played consecutive games in the same city yet so there has been a lot of traveling and we haven't really had time to practice or work on much since the season started.

Hate this one. Beating a team twice in a week is always hard. Are they really going to go 0-6? Home/away thing, etc.

That being said, the #1 seed in the West should probably beat the worst team in the NBA (statistically) regardless of the situation.

Also, giving away this one and then playing @ the Clippers before Milwaukee and Philly come to town? OOF. Can't really afford a loss.

We shall see.

It's been 14 years since the Kings have had a winning record, and now they are going to come out and show some pride after going 0-5 so far this year?
I guess.

We've got this game, worry about Sunday instead. See the following to take your mind off of Locke's prediction.

Attending 3 hours of a 6-week community college Photoshop skills class really paid off for me. You're all welcome.
Fixed.png
Time to start some game threads. No need to hide that under a bushel.

If we take care of the ball on offense not letting them capitalise on turnovers it should be a convincing win.