What's new

GLeague Chitt

homeytennis

The Stars with a one point win at the Buzzer vs the GLeague Ignite. Scoot had 25 and led all scorers. Stars played without Frank Jackson, Marquis Bolden and the point guard that played on the Summer League team. All five Stars starters deep in double figures and three with double doubles. Juzang rescued the Stars from the dead with five points and a block in the last minute twenty. I thought Potter looked really good. The legendary Paris Bass had some good moments. Shaq's kid plays for the Ignite. I was really impressed with Scoot.

Frank Jackson is on the Stars?

The Stars with a one point win at the Buzzer vs the GLeague Ignite. Scoot had 25 and led all scorers. Stars played without Frank Jackson, Marquis Bolden and the point guard that played on the Summer League team. All five Stars starters deep in double figures and three with double doubles. Juzang rescued the Stars from the dead with five points and a block in the last minute twenty. I thought Potter looked really good. The legendary Paris Bass had some good moments. Shaq's kid plays for the Ignite. I was really impressed with Scoot.
Wow the Ignite is like a GLeague Allstar team so it sounds like we’ve got another well coached squad there. Nice come back win!

Is Potter mobile enough to play the four at the next level? We’re awfully thin there and I’m losing faith in Gay.

I think Potter can play the 4 in the show. He had a double double last night and was 2-2 from three. They play again tonight at the Lakers GLeague team and Jackson, Boldin and Miller are probably out again. Jackson had the flu and the other two had bum ankles.

How has Juzang been shooting? I remember liking him on those UCLA teams.

Not sure if they trade Beasley but they might have a couple of shooters such as Agbaji and Juzang in the pipeline.

View: https://youtu.be/jNpWWPPUvag

Ignite has some athletes. Potter has some nice outlet passes, I like him, looking at the box score he played really well. Rawle Alkins is a name I hadnt heard in a minute he made a highlight reel drive to the hoop. Juzang is a interesting prospect I just think its going to be working on his efficiency.

View: https://youtu.be/jNpWWPPUvag

Ignite has some athletes. Potter has some nice outlet passes, I like him, looking at the box score he played really well. Rawle Alkins is a name I hadnt heard in a minute he made a highlight reel drive to the hoop. Juzang is a interesting prospect I just think its going to be working on his efficiency.

Alkins is a guy that was a top 5 recruit in high school and was rated about as high as Jason Tatum. He played at Arizona for a couple of seasons and was undrafted. He's played GLeague and overseas the last few seasons.

Alkins is a guy that was a top 5 recruit in high school and was rated about as high as Jason Tatum. He played at Arizona for a couple of seasons and was undrafted. He's played GLeague and overseas the last few seasons.
He was not top 5 by any recruiting service.

I hate that the G league actually has the attention of anyone outside of scouts and coaches. It is for the most part anything but good basketball.
I find that laughable as well given it is the developmental league smh. It is turning into the 1 on 5 stat padding league of late.

I hate that the G league actually has the attention of anyone outside of scouts and coaches. It is for the most part anything but good basketball.
I find that laughable as well given it is the developmental league smh. It is turning into the 1 on 5 stat padding league of late.
The purpose of the league if you are a player is to get out of the league by playing in the show or overseas. Krysko coached in the GLeague and his comment to go to the next level is not to be a chucker but someone who does the dirty work of playing D, setting screens and boxing out.

Stars with an 8 point win at Stockton. Ochai and Bolmaro both started and were in double figures but did not look particularly good to me. Paris Bass with 21 points and 9 boards and Frank Jackson with 28 points were the Stars best players both off the bench. Stars are 2-0. Potter impressed me tonight by doing a lot of dirty work although his line in the box score was not gaudy at all. The player the Kings drafted before Butler missed 3 of 4 free throws in the final seconds to derail any comeback by Stockton. Johnny was in double figures for the Stars.

Stars with an 8 point win at Stockton. Ochai and Bolmaro both started and were in double figures but did not look particularly good to me. Paris Bass with 21 points and 9 boards and Frank Jackson with 28 points were the Stars best players both off the bench. Stars are 2-0. Potter impressed me tonight by doing a lot of dirty work although his line in the box score was not gaudy at all. The player the Kings drafted before Butler missed 3 of 4 free throws in the final seconds to derail any comeback by Stockton. Johnny was in double figures for the Stars.
Paris Bass is really talented. He can really play

Frank Jackson has been a legit scorer in the nba. so yeah, he's going to get his in the gleague. his issue for the bulk of his career has been efficiency and he doesn't defend. but even at that he should probably be on a roster.

Jackson played some D last night although a lot of it was against the other team's second unit. It's interesting to get Tony's comment on Paris Bass. I thought he has looked really good for both games.

Looks like the Stars might actually be decent this year. They been the bottom of the G-Leauge for a while. Last time they were good is when they had the Niang/Juwan Morgan/Jarrell Brantley teams down there.

It's not nearly as bad as you think.

Frank Jackson has been a legit scorer in the nba. so yeah, he's going to get his in the gleague. his issue for the bulk of his career has been efficiency and he doesn't defend. but even at that he should probably be on a roster.
That and he has never been able to stay healthy.