What's new

Global Climate Status Report

Oh, give me a break. I’ve been a student of Earth history and paleontology for my entire life. I majored in geology as an undergraduate, before eventually switching to history. I’ve been a fossil collector for over 60 years. I’m well aware that there were several glaciation pulses during the Pleistocene, and that the present Holocene Era may be another interglacial warming interval. I’m aware of all that.
That's actually not relevant to my point.

deep grasslands next to melting ice sheets were probably inviting to the woolly mammoths, when a short-term thaw was ongoing. 10 or 20 years say like what would coincide with the solar cycles we see today. But it would take maybe 50 years of ideal conditions for the woolly mammoths to really achieve the kind of numbers in that niche that most scientists believe existed then.

And that such a period existed oh 10,000 years ago, another 20,000 tyears ago, another 40,000 years ago, with grasslines on the Arctic Ocean coast.......

What most people delving into this subject seem determined to miss, or can't bring themselves to put in writing for fear of searing ridicule, is that our present episode is not that warm or that long.

This means natural causes have produced this kind of thaw repeatedly in fairly recent times.

Hardly corelated to industrial age reduced carbon use by humans.

Maybe due to volcanic events, but one still needs to wonder what may be in the stars to cause this.

That's actually not relevant to my point.

deep grasslands next to melting ice sheets were probably inviting to the woolly mammoths, when a short-term thaw was ongoing. 10 or 20 years say like what would coincide with the solar cycles we see today. But it would take maybe 50 years of ideal conditions for the woolly mammoths to really achieve the kind of numbers in that niche that most scientists believe existed then.

And that such a period existed oh 10,000 years ago, another 20,000 tyears ago, another 40,000 years ago, with grasslines on the Arctic Ocean coast.......

What most people delving into this subject seem determined to miss, or can't bring themselves to put in writing for fear of searing ridicule, is that our present episode is not that warm or that long.

This means natural causes have produced this kind of thaw repeatedly in fairly recent times.

Hardly corelated to industrial age reduced carbon use by humans.

Maybe due to volcanic events, but one still needs to wonder what may be in the stars to cause this.
And of course climate studies have somehow, inexplicably I might say, failed to take ANY of this into account. You, babe, could singlehandedly correct this remarkable oversight on the part of these scientists. None of whom caught on to this remarkable revelation. A consensus has actually been reached, regarding the role greenhouse gases produced by human activity is playing, in leading to a warming Earth. And, all along, all they had to do is look at the climate record of the Pleistocene to see how wrong they are, and how easy it should be to correct what might very well be the greatest oversight in the history of science. A consensus reached by climate researchers, apparently not a one of whom ever thought “hey, wasn’t there several interglacial warming periods in the past 2.6 million years”? But babe knows better. Hmm, who am I to believe? What an intellectual challenge.

Well, maybe they were aware after all....

BTW, what do you suppose caused the cold snap known as the Younger Dryas? Just wondering if you really keep up with studies involving the Pleistocene/Holocene boundary....

Last edited:
A little off topic, but speaking of mammoths, grasslands, and the initial peopling of the Americas, the Beringian Standstill Hypothesis...It appears the first Americans actually arrived by boat...

Last edited:
A little off topic, but speaking of mammoths, grasslands, and the initial peopling of the Americas, the Beringian Standstill Hypothesis...It appears the first Americans actually arrived by boat...

1614090446936.png

And of course climate studies have somehow, inexplicably I might say, failed to take ANY of this into account. You, babe, could singlehandedly correct this remarkable oversight on the part of these scientists. None of whom caught on to this remarkable revelation. A consensus has actually been reached, regarding the role greenhouse gases produced by human activity is playing, in leading to a warming Earth. And, all along, all they had to do is look at the climate record of the Pleistocene to see how wrong they are, and how easy it should be to correct what might very well be the greatest oversight in the history of science. A consensus reached by climate researchers, apparently not a one of whom ever thought “hey, wasn’t there several interglacial warming periods in the past 2.6 million years”? But babe knows better. Hmm, who am I to believe? What an intellectual challenge.

Well, maybe they were aware after all....

BTW, what do you suppose caused the cold snap known as the Younger Dryas? Just wondering if you really keep up with studies involving the Pleistocene/Holocene boundary....
Thanks for the link. Very interesting. I haven't digested it carefully yet, so I'll "Circle Back" to address it later.

The Younger Dryas was likely a meteor/astroid impact in NE Canada. I've read only a little about it, but it has been variously discussed with extinction events and mineralogical findings. At one point I thought that explained Canada's nickel deposits. But then, I don't actually think I know everything... . . .

The more people sit and think, the more they give you fits and stinks. People like me who actually know nothing can write anything they want.

However, nothing in the link from @Red above relates to the information pictured in many videos of woolly mammoth tusks being pulled outta the Siberian much having the logical and pretty undeniable implication...... some call it the fact....... that the Arctic Ice has been melted off as completely as is now the case. The fact has bearing only on the assertions by some that our current warm anomally is unprecedented.

What all that means is subject to speculation but we just don't have a lot of hard proof of how it relates to proving human carbon fuel usage is causing something that hasn't happened before.

There are a number of possible causes for brief climate anomalies, and as bad as we are, we are not the only possible cause.

I favor going to nuclear fisssion, and fusion for our energy needs. I think we don't need to do anything drastic but let the natural markets, free from political distortion, direct our investments.

We need oil for all kinds of things. Burning it should be a poor choice.

However, the Earth in geologic development has for most of natural history had much more CO2 in the air than presently. That's what caused the Pre-cambrian carbonate rock deposits and the abundant life in subsequent epochs, and was the source of incredible carbonate deposits thousands of feet thick under shallow seas.

Pushing propaganda as a "Science" is getting to be disgusting. Pushing for global fascism under false crises is just as disgusting.

The real agenda our elites generally favor is to reduce human population and access to technology, reserving it for the few, the proud, the greatest Liars.

It’s not just woolly mammoths that are emerging from the permafrost:

Nor is it only the remains of Pleistocene fauna making an appearance in the permafrost:

Last edited:
However, nothing in the link from @Red above relates to the information pictured in many videos of woolly mammoth tusks being pulled outta the Siberian much having the logical and pretty undeniable implication...... some call it the fact....... that the Arctic Ice has been melted off as completely as is now the case. The fact has bearing only on the assertions by some that our current warm anomally is unprecedented.
I’ve posted several articles, one earlier in this thread, being a video regarding the modern day mammoth hunters in the Siberian tundra, who are profiting from a thawing permafrost, and now one on the amazingly preserved wolf recently appearing out of Canadian permafrost, and, finally, some links and a video pertaining to the huge “methane holes” appearing in the permafrost. You may consider it irrelevant to your focus on a returning ice age. I regard the links as overall highly informative to the subject of warming in the Arctic region. So, dismiss those links to your hearts content. If I didn’t think they added something to the thread, I would not have posted them. If you don’t think they are informative, maybe others will....

Nor is it only the remains of Pleistocene fauna making an appearance in the permafrost:

PBS News Hour is good news. They have more than soundbites.

I hope they get a video of one of them popping like that. lol

I am impressed that this scientist tracks pretty close to me on the facts.

Sinkholes in other areas are commonly due to solid material being dissolved and flowing away, leaving an unsupported surface structure that collapses. I could show you some in areas of the Great Basin where water is dissolving a salt deposit and flowing towards the Great Salt Lake which now is at a lower level than has been generally the case over the past tens of thousands of years.

Generally, natural gas which I believe includes vast amounts ofr abiotic hydrogen and reduced carbon gases from the earth's original formation components, as well a biogenic gases including methane and other reduced carbon gases from organic decay, will be trapped under a solid cap whether ice or stone until something disrupts the seal or fractures the formation.

Methane isw also known to form a solid crystal at low temperatures and is stored in vast amounts in frozen muck.

Without assuming this has not been as true of previous warming events, I would speculate that the rfelease of such vast stodres of greenhouse gases will certaining accelerate warming in the short term.

These gases will be oxidized fairly rapidly in the atmosphere due to high energy radiation or ionized solar flare materials. Some attempts at estimating a "half life" for such gases certainly have been made, but just as certainly arfe based on static atmospheric conditions that may not hold in every event.

What is certain is that these species do react with "acid rain" components that get scrubbed outta the atmosphere and react with surface materials until fully oxidized and stored again as water and carbonate rock or salt.

imo, these processes are cyclical and reversible, and may contribute to long cycles of climate such as "Ice Ages". Long ago, in reading research from pollen cores, one scientist claimed to have proof of short (20-50 yr) temperature spikes of several degrees C just priot to each Ice Age he studied with his pollen counts.

I incorporate that finding into my opinion that we need warm oceans, not just +1C but +4C more likely, with a substantial correlated warmer depth profile in the deeper levels of the Ocean, to launch an Ice Age. Changes in solar activity or interstellar debris fields, or internal geonuclear cycles could potentially be involved.

None of this is to insist that humans don't have some impact as well, maybe as significant as popularly supposed today.

But our efforts would be more efficiently directed as replacing carbon fuels with nuclear, and moving to locations that will be less affected generally.

The political hijacking of this issue is an abomination.

Be reasonable, do something that will address the issue.

Human population can be compatible with real solutions. Human freedom and economic choice is likely going to resolve the problem better than any government plan can coordinate from any top-down strategy.

Whatever government does, the political hacks will take their cut and actually interfere with any economic change that's needed.

FREEDOM1111111