fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Not sure if already posted but its a good one.

Great article. The one thing I will say though is that although the clippers beat us, we weren't shooting well that night. And to only lose by 4 in a poor shooting night on the road speaks volumes to when we are shooting well.

Great article. The one thing I will say though is that although the clippers beat us, we weren't shooting well that night. And to only lose by 4 in a poor shooting night on the road speaks volumes to when we are shooting well.
After playing most of the same roster a couple nights before. It's always hard to beat the same team twice in a row, for whatever reason.

After playing most of the same roster a couple nights before. It's always hard to beat the same team twice in a row, for whatever reason.
I disagree that we played most of the same roster a couple nights before. Batum, kahwi, and paul george being out is most of the teams production missing.
IIRC we did play them at full strength a month or two ago and beat them though. Not sure if the clippers played the morris at the 5 lineup back then though.
That was the authors point. The clippers went with a lineup of something like beverly, kahwi, paul george, batum, and morris at the 5. Basically 5 good to great 3 point shooters on court at the same time could be the jazz kryptonite. Both the clippers (with morris at the five) and the nets (with durant at the 5) can throw out those lineups.
I do see those lineup as causing us lots of trouble. But they cant play those lineups for 48 straight minutes and they still have to deal with the hydra when they jazz are on offense. If teams want to get into a 3 point shooting competition with us then go right ahead. This strategy would seem to hurt the positive effect gobert has on both ends though and it is a concern imo.