What's new

Good steak for under $25 downtown

You want a good steak for under $25 in downtown Salt Lake? What's your definition of good??

Go to Costco, buy a pack of tri-tip. 17 bucks, 8 huge steaks. Excellent.

This. Go to Harmon's and get 2 of their petite fillets. $8.99 ea. Q' them up nice and rare. Chuck in a baked potato and you'll have a meal for 2 every bit as good as a restaurant meal for half the price, at least.

This is no longer available, but Christopher's is a place that frequently offers discounts (in the Peery Hotel) i.e. 2-for-1 in the Happenings book. https://www.groupon.com/salt-lake-city/deals/christophers-seafood-prime-steak-house
Fleming's is another, but you might get a $35 steak then pay $25 for a cocktail. I'm waiting for Ruth's Chris and Spencer's to have a price war (as they're right next door). And you just missed the downtown "Dine-o-round." Lamb's isn't "great," but you can get a good steak and great atmosphere for $25. Unfortunately, one has to rummage for bargains.

Thanks for the input so far. I am actually asking on behalf of my brother. I myself am a home grilling kind of guy.

I always wondered why people tell someone to cook at home when they are looking for dinner recommendations that is obviously not at their house. Did you all not get the question?