What's new

Hamilton Waived

kabenac

So we waived Hamilton. Wondering if we're going to sign somebody else? The reason I say this is we waived Felix (a guy who was already paid for) & Motum to make room for Ingles/Hamilton.

Hamilton didn't seem to be impressing. It's also a confidence vote in Ingles.

Perhaps he can head to Idaho and play. He was once a member of the Stampede when he was Denver property and wasn't exactly DLeague player of the year. How much did he cost the Jazz?

I'll bet the Jazz stay at 14 for awhile. They already have 4 players who never or rarely see the floor in Evans, Murry, Novak and Clark. Those players represent backups at every position except the 5. However, Kanter and Favors can play both the 4 and 5 so there is flexibility there if either one or Gobert is out or gets in foul trouble. Probably better to just keep a roster spot open and fill it with someone on a 10-day contract if the need arises.

As for Motum, he is now playing for a team in Australia. Jazz probably wanted him to play everyday and he opted to go back to sunny Australia instead of snowy Idaho. I think he makes the roster next season. It would be pretty cool to have three Aussies on the roster. Let's trade for Dellavedova and make an offer for Bogut! :cool:

Brick back Motum!!! We need the aussie bloc!

That would be awesome. We would have the Australian fan-base on lock (if we don't already).

Perhaps he can head to Idaho and play. He was once a member of the Stampede when he was Denver property and wasn't exactly DLeague player of the year. How much did he cost the Jazz?

Good question on the cost. Wish we could learn how we fit into the system & how his attitude was during practices.

I have no inside knowledge but I suspect his attitude wasn't great and somehow I think Felix's attitude wasn't the best either. I don't think I can remember when the Jazz ate a guaranteed contract.

I'll bet the Jazz stay at 14 for awhile. They already have 4 players who never or rarely see the floor in Evans, Murry, Novak and Clark. Those players represent backups at every position except the 5. However, Kanter and Favors can play both the 4 and 5 so there is flexibility there if either one or Gobert is out or gets in foul trouble. Probably better to just keep a roster spot open and fill it with someone on a 10-day contract if the need arises.

As for Motum, he is now playing for a team in Australia. Jazz probably wanted him to play everyday and he opted to go back to sunny Australia instead of snowy Idaho. I think he makes the roster next season. It would be pretty cool to have three Aussies on the roster. Let's trade for Dellavedova and make an offer for Bogut! :cool:

This is true. You bring up a good point in the fact we do have a number of guys who really haven't played much, if at all.

The new CBA allows four players to be sent to the DLeague while on the parent team's roster. I doubt Gobert goes and I don't know if it is still younger players but I can see them sening Murry, Ian down and perhaps Novak and Jeremy if they are just sitting.

I have no inside knowledge but I suspect his attitude wasn't great and somehow I think Felix's attitude wasn't the best either. I don't think I can remember when the Jazz ate a guaranteed contract.
I doubt Hamilton's contract was guaranteed. And I'll bet Ingles doesn't have a guarantee, either. But you can bet him being on the roster on Jan. 10th (when contracts all become guaranteed) is just a formality.

Utah kicked the tires with Hamilton but didn't play him. In that situation, maybe ihe and his agent to requested a release. Not saying that happened, but it's also a possibility. Now he can shop around and if he can't find an NBA job, he can sign as a FA in the D-League, able to then be called up by any team.

The new CBA allows four players to be sent to the DLeague while on the parent team's roster. I doubt Gobert goes and I don't know if it is still younger players but I can see them sening Murry, Ian down and perhaps Novak and Jeremy if they are just sitting.

I don't see them doing that to Novak or Evans. Even if the rules have changed, they've been in the league too long to be shown that kind of disrespect. Clark probably goes down to work on his PG skills. Murry as well.

Novak would never go to the D-League - he would demand his outright release and rightfully so. For all his limitations he's one of the best shooters in the world. About a dozen teams would pick him up.

Novak would never go to the D-League - he would demand his outright release and rightfully so. For all his limitations he's one of the best shooters in the world. About a dozen teams would pick him up.

Sounds like a draft pick from a contender at the deadline.

Sounds like a draft pick from a contender at the deadline.

Could be - but if you're going to have a guy at the end of your bench, I'd want it to be a guy who can shoot the lights out like Novak or a guy who can jump out of the gym like Evans. I think they're just fine where they are.

Last edited:
If Novak can't get off our bench, it's pretty likely a contender isn't going to give up a draft pick so he can sit on their bench.

If Novak can't get off our bench, it's pretty likely a contender isn't going to give up a draft pick so he can sit on their bench.

Guys who can shoot 3's are always in demand. He doesn't necessarily have value to a team looking to develop their youngsters, but he could be a solid contributor to a contender. Jazz could easily give him Hood's minutes (or Ingles) if Quin wanted to. But Snyder is smart, he knows Hood is the future and Ingles could be on the roster for quite some time. A second rounder for Novak isn't out of the question, especially at the deadline when teams will have some holes due to injuries.