What's new

has anyone checked out Jan Vesely?

has anyone know much about this kid? this kid is similar to Bucks' player Ersan Ilyasova, a great defensive sf with decent offensive skills, does he worth jazz's new jersey's pick?

From nbadraft.net:
Possesses a terrific combination of size and length for the SF position ... Offensively, he improved his low post game and is looking to post up more this year; he can post up smaller defenders and uses his height advantage to score over defenders; has a height/length advantage on almost every player in Europe ... Jan has good motor and excellent ability to run the floor (most of his points are off of dunks, put-backs and points in transition) ... Good hands around the basket ... Facing up to the basket, he is able to get to the rim quickly due to his quickness and good first step. Very explosive off the floor when attacking the bucket and finishes strong ... As a shooter he improved since last year and feels more confident taking shots outside the 3pt line and creating off the dribble; his mechanics and follow-through look fluid; good elevation on his shot ... If he catches the ball and his feet are set and pointed towards the basket he usually will knock down shots ... Defensively he is good, thanks to his length and can guard multiple positions ... His lateral quickness is impressive for his size and he does a solid job at moving his feet (good P&R defender and closes well on the perimeter staying in front of guards) ... Plays with lot of emotion ... A competitive player that hustles for loose balls and brings energy on the court ...

He does have some nice dunks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNV9Syn9yS4

Aren't we sick of Euro big men at this point though?

He does have some nice dunks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNV9Syn9yS4

Aren't we sick of Euro big men at this point though?

Yes I'm sick of Gasol and Dirk kicking our asses. Seriously though I don't care where their from as long as they can play. Fess seems to be a lost cause at this point maybe Tomic and this guy can be better.

Not bad but I'd rather have him as the 2nd pick at the 12 range. I have a feeling we're gonna go Euro or Jimmer with that 2nd lotto pick