What's new

Has Gobert surpassed Giannis as #1 prospect from 2013 draft?

Is Gobert the clear #1?

• No, Giannis is clearly #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else from draft class is better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Blue Elephant

A couple of months ago the consensus seemed to be that Gobert was a top 2 prospect in the 2013 draft with him and Giannis on near equal footing. However Gobert has been playing out of his mind for quite some time now and some of the people on this thread rank Gobert even higher than Giannis now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2xx05n/in_a_redo_of_the_2013_draft_who_goes_first/

Do you think Gobert is the clear #1 as of right now or is saying that not giving enough credit to Giannis and factoring his age and improvement as well.

Lol @ the Noel homer who thinks Nerlens is on Gobert's level defensively. He's okay, but absolutely no one is on Gobert's level - so shut the **** up!

Giannis is a terrific defensive player in his own right, but he can't protect the paint like Gobert. If he could shoot I would maybe take Giannis, but it's not like his current offense is much of an asset in a halfcourt setting. Easy decision for me.

Giannis is a terrific defensive player in his own right, but he can't protect the paint like Gobert. If he could shoot I would maybe take Giannis, but it's not like his current offense is much of an asset in a halfcourt setting. Easy decision for me.

Yep. Giannis still is pretty raw.
And big men are generally more valuable than wings. It's Gobert right now. And given Rudy's rate of progress, it might not even be close in the next year or two.

For all his obvious talent and star potential, Antetokounmpo doesn't impact the game on a night-in-night-out way that Rudy does. Gobert is #1. It's not even close. And I'm a HUGE fan of the Greek Freak.

I admit I don't follow Giannis much, but Gobert:
  • Has changed the attitude of his entire team
  • Is top 10 RPM
  • 3rd in Blocks per minute
  • Needs 1 step from the FT line for a dunk--not just a threat down low
  • Giannis 3700 NBA mins, Gobert 1784 NBA mins.

This isn't even close. Not one GM would pick him over Rudy if given a choice.

Rudy is a game-changer right now. Giannis is potential game-changer in the future. The thing with Giannis is, he has the potential to be elite player on both ends of the floor. His shooting was much better last year, I don't know why he's regressed there this year. He's actually one of my favorite young players.

At this point I'd pick Rudy simply because he's the sure thing.

Rudy is a game-changer right now. Giannis is potential game-changer in the future. The thing with Giannis is, he has the potential to be elite player on both ends of the floor. His shooting was much better last year, I don't know why he's regressed there this year. He's actually one of my favorite young players.

At this point I'd pick Rudy simply because he's the sure thing.
Agree with everything you just said.

Antetokounmpo grew 2-3 more inches and it's had an impact on his shot. On top of this, Kidd has been screwing with his confidence. I'm worried that Giannis might go the way of Kanter and become the team's whipping boy until it really screws with his confidence. Imagine where Enes would be if the Jazz had kept Corbin for one more year. . . that's what I think might happen to the "Greek Freak" - only the opposite in terms of solid defense but shaky offense.

kckoes.png

Giannis is a unique player who can do a number of things, but he's not yet elite at any one thing. Both he and Gobert are still developing, but I give the nod to Gobert, as I think he could still become a near 20-pt. scorer.

Gobert or wiggins?

Better question. Both are good defensive players in their own ways, but I'd say that Wiggins has more offensive potential. But I sure as hell wouldn't underestimate Rudy on that end either. Because of how he impacts the game and makes his teammates better as well, I'd still go with Gobert. I like Wiggins a lot, and he's way up there. . . but you don't trade bigs for smalls if everything else is equal.

Gobert or wiggins?

This is definitely a more interesting debate, IMO.

Gobert is looking like the once in a generation defensive talent, and has shown glimpses of being able to be a solid contributor on offense, as well. I think next year we'll see him start shooting mid range jumpers, and he'll bulk up some which will help his post game.

Wiggins on the other hand could score 25+ PPG, and also gives you really good perimeter defense.

The major difference is attitude. Gobert is just a ****ing bad ***, while Wiggins has always been known as somewhat quiet/passive/whatever. In other words, I don't think Wiggins has the leadership of Gobert.

It's a tough call, but I think lots of GM's would still go with Wiggins cause of his offensive ceiling and the fact that he's a few years younger.

Gobert or wiggins?
God Damn
My head just exploded.

I love me some Wiggins (me and spy were the biggest wiggins homers last season I think) but gun to my head, rudy

Giannis is a lot like AK. Yeah he has a lot of potential, but if he never learns how to shoot he will never be great.