What's new

History of the Salt Palace court?

prodigy

Maybe some of you jazz history buffs can help me out.

How many different courts did the jazz use while they were in the Salt Palace?

I can see two where the center logo looks like this:

and this

I couldn't find anything online about it so that's why i'm asking here

I can't help you. I dare say I have seen as many, if not more, Jazz games from the Salt Palace era than anyone on this board, but I don't remember either of those floors. I have never been one to care much about the floor, though.

How many games in the Palace, YB? Did you have season tix back then? I went to many, but I couldn't compete with a season ticket holder.

I'm not sure they changed the floor that often back then. Repaint portions of it, maybe. It seems like at some point there was a Jazz logo at center court (or at least it said Jazz), but maybe i'm wrong and that didn't happen until the DC.

I'm not sure they changed the floor that often back then. Repaint portions of it, maybe. It seems like at some point there was a Jazz logo at center court (or at least it said Jazz), but maybe i'm wrong and that didn't happen until the DC.

Yeh I don't know why they would change it that often but according to the dates of the games they changed it twice during the 1985 season(both the screenshots from that same year), so I was just curious if they changed it any time else

During the 1990 season, the last at the Salt Palace, the Jazz had a large, multicolored basketball at center court. It was essentially the basketball you see in the older logo with the purple, yellow, green and purple again.

There was text above the ball on each side that read: SALT PALACE.

Hope that helps.

I can't help you. I dare say I have seen as many, if not more, Jazz games from the Salt Palace era than anyone on this board, but I don't remember either of those floors. I have never been one to care much about the floor, though.

Yes, you've always been more concerned with the carpet.

I can't help you either, but I just wanted to mention that I really miss the Salt Palace. Back then you could walk down onto the court after the games, sit on the Jazz bench, talk to media personnel and players, and the best part of the Salt Palace was that fans had access to both teams locker rooms. Well, not inside the locker room but you could wait right outside the door for players to come out. I remember several times walking with players out to their cars.

^ I wasn't old enough to go to jazz games at the salt palace, but I've heard only good things about it. The idea of being that close to the players and coaches sounds awesome.

During the 1990 season, the last at the Salt Palace, the Jazz had a large, multicolored basketball at center court. It was essentially the basketball you see in the older logo with the purple, yellow, green and purple again.

There was text above the ball on each side that read: SALT PALACE.

Hope that helps.

Oh yes, how could I forget that was the court for Malone's 61 point game vs. the bucks. Thanks for your help.