What's new

How good is Lebron James?

honz

Thunder Fanatic
Contributor
Cleveland is 8-21 this year...that's 27% of their games. That same team won 61 games last year...or 74% of their games. Pretty amazing.

Cleveland is 8-21 this year...that's 27% of their games. That same team won 61 games last year...or 74% of their games. Pretty amazing.

yeah, you do have to give him credit for much of their success, but it hurts them even further that they built their team and style of play around him, so now without him their floundering is even more apparent.

It's not like he was the only one that left that team either. Shaq and Z, while washed up, still were good for some production and size in the post. I still think he is going to go 0 for championships in his career.

It's not like he was the only one that left that team either. Shaq and Z, while washed up, still were good for some production and size in the post. I still think he is going to go 0 for championships in his career.

Shaq, Big Z, Delonte West, just for starters.

Take Deron off the Jazz and replace him with Price/Watson and I'm certain we'd see a comparable decline in winning %.

Lebron is a good player. He's a top 5 NBA player right now. I'm not ready to dub him one of the greats to ever play the game though.

Statistically he is a juggernaut. The points, rebounds, assists...everything is impressive about him as a player (granted, this is a surface-level explanation that is not going to delve into discussing usage rate, etc.).

That being said, I would have been thrilled to have seen him stay in Cleveland. With all of this hoopla about how Michael would never have teamed up with Bird or Magic, etc., I think this is going to just barely taint whatever championships the Heat win. Plus he had it made in Cleveland - he really was their king. And I like team loyalty to boot. No biggie, though. He made his choice and will have to live with whatever consequences - good or bad -come out of it.

Statistically he is a juggernaut. The points, rebounds, assists...everything is impressive about him as a player (granted, this is a surface-level explanation that is not going to delve into discussing usage rate, etc.).

That being said, I would have been thrilled to have seen him stay in Cleveland. With all of this hoopla about how Michael would never have teamed up with Bird or Magic, etc., I think this is going to just barely taint whatever championships the Heat win. Plus he had it made in Cleveland - he really was their king. And I like team loyalty to boot. No biggie, though. He made his choice and will have to live with whatever consequences - good or bad -come out of it.

13ghosts18.jpg

The Juggernaut

Lebron is a very good player but part of his sucess is based on the fact that the officials protect him.

As good as he is, James is not even 1/1000 as good as he thinks he is. Narcissism at its finest.

As good as he is, James is not even 1/1000 as good as he thinks he is. Narcissism at its finest.

Tends to happen when people drool all over you from the age of 14. Blame yourself as a part of society, not the guys whose egos we feed.

*Michael Wilbon, who happens to be Afrcian American* on Pardon the interuption says Byron Russell of the Utah Jazz will be coach of the year.

Nice job *person of color whom I respect implicitly*, say black guy who still hope *another person of color, whom I would never disrespect with racial slurs in any way,* in Cleveland +be COY.

Kicky, I see you edited this. This still isn't racist? Not that I give a damn but...