What's new

How high is your risk for cancer?

Whatever dude. If you can't see how your comment was condescending, you will never be able to relate to non-members. If your goal is to show people the good in what you have, you don't do it by bragging or elevating yourself above them. This kind of puffery and BS testimonials is why I can't stand to go to church anymore. I know you are just using this forum to convince yourself that you would die of cancer if not for the grace of the mormon church. But, you really should know how it comes off to non-members.

By the way, I am a physician. Your cancer risk is lowered by having never smoked and that is about it. Except for esophageal cancer, alcohol plays very little role in cancer risk. Moderate alcohol use is cardioprotective.

In addition to abstaining from fast food, are Mormons also required to stay indoors 24/7 to avoid skin cancer from the sun? Beanclown? Can we get some input on this?

In addition to abstaining from fast food, are Mormons also required to stay indoors 24/7 to avoid skin cancer from the sun? Beanclown? Can we get some input on this?

Actually, if you stayed out of the sun you wouldn't produce Vitamin D which helps your immune system which helps stop cancer formation. But nice try though.......sorta.

Actually, if you stayed out of the sun you wouldn't produce Vitamin D which helps your immune system which helps stop cancer formation. But nice try though.......sorta.

Does the Mormon doctrine require you to wear sunscreen whenever you go outside?

Look, I respect Mormons and people that live their lives with good morals and in a healthy manner...hell, I'm not even strong willed enough to keep myself from smoking cigarettes (which I hate) while I am driving trucks...but Beantown is a clown.

OK, question dodger. Does the LDS faith require that you stay away from unhealthy, processed fast food? What about sugar or high fructose corn syrup? As honz said, do they require you to wear sunscreen? So if you get skin cancer when you're 50, are you going to blame your religion for not requiring you to wear sunblock?

But you could also take a Vitamin D pill then stay out of the sun and avoid increased skin cancer risk... I think I remember that passage in the D&C. God sure did figure everything out for us good ol' MORmONS.