What's new

How long till AK is gone?

AmishPimps

He is really a black hole on offense and only shows up defensively every 3rd or 4th game. Not sure why Jerry kept starting him but I think his days are numbered.

He is really a black hole on offense and only shows up defensively every 3rd or 4th game. Not sure why Jerry kept starting him but I think his days are numbered.

I agree. He has a large and expiring contract. Many teams out there would love to acquire big expiring contracts. I would say that he is traded at the deadline.

I agree. He has a large and expiring contract. Many teams out there would love to acquire big expiring contracts. I would say that he is traded at the deadline.

The only problem is that the Millers are looking to slash costs. That was apparent with letting Matthews go and not re-signing Korver. KOC had a set deal that he was offering to a number of low-level SG's and Raja was the first to accept (unfortunately for us as it turns out). Unless the Jazz save some money in the process, I wouldn't be surprised to see them just eat AK's contract this season. Pay the luxury tax this year and then the whole amount is off the books next season (or whenever basketball resumes). No matter who the Jazz get, they aren't championship contenders. Why waste the extra dollars?

It's time to start trading and REBUILDING. If I were KOC, I'd look to get out from Deron's deal too. Trade him for a lottery pick and expiring's.

You need to look at things like the upcoming free agent class and the draft class. Neither of which look very strong next year. Also the lockout is looming so many teams will stand pat that otherwise might have been open to a move. I think moving AK will be harder than we think. Also I am afraid the Jazz might think they can re-sign him for cheaper next year and so wait and negotiate. I sure hope they try to get something out of him rather than just letting him walk (like Matthews).