What's new

I don't typically complain about ads, but...

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Let me start by saying that I have an ad blocker but I disable it on this site. I'd like to keep it disabled but I think I'm going to activate it because of the current ads right under the Jazzfanz header graphic (or whatever that's called at the very top of the screen).

The issue is that these ads start one size (small) when the page loads, then a second in they get a little bigger, displacing the thread links below, then they often get bigger again before they are fully loaded onto the screen. This has the annoying effect of moving a thread link just as I'm trying to click on it.

This is on PC, using chrome, dark mode active.

Same as well as an annoying popup on the bottom of the screen that I have to close but pops back up every page. I'll probably turn my ad blocker back on as well.

New provider, sorry. We've cleaned it up a little to at least avoid the shifting.
I really hate complaining about it. You hardly push subscriptions and don't penalize posters for not contributing and I paid $25 like 10 years ago and I'm still considered a "contributor" and that's crazy for the amount of time and entertainment I've gotten from being here. I want to let the ads do their thing but hate clicking on the wrong thread because it jumped in front of my cursor right as I was clicking.

Bottom line for me, please do whatever possible to make this whole jazzfanz thing worth your while. I mean that 1000%.

I might complain and be a PITA at times, or worse... but I don't want you to pull a Gail Miller and sell this thing.

I'd pay a minor monthly to get rid of ads.

Here is a new thing, and I wondered if anyone else is running into this. While I am typing a response, if the ad banner changes, it kicks me out of the keyboard, and makes it so that I have to click back in the response window to be able to keep typing. When this happens I am often clicking on a letter but the whole screen shifts and I end up clicking on the banner ad in which case I have to go back and sometimes retype everything, or at the very least do a bunch of editing as it messes up the post. Has anyone else seen this?

I'd pay a minor monthly to get rid of ads.

Here is a new thing, and I wondered if anyone else is running into this. While I am typing a response, if the ad banner changes, it kicks me out of the keyboard, and makes it so that I have to click back in the response window to be able to keep typing. When this happens I am often clicking on a letter but the whole screen shifts and I end up clicking on the banner ad in which case I have to go back and sometimes retype everything, or at the very least do a bunch of editing as it messes up the post. Has anyone else seen this?
Thanks for the feedback on the focus change. Looking into it.

Haven't really thought about the minor contribution to remove ads. Interesting.

Thanks for the feedback on the focus change. Looking into it.

Haven't really thought about the minor contribution to remove ads. Interesting.
@LogGrad98 Just tried it and it didn't boot me out and I watched the bottom closable ad change twice and the one near the bottom of the thread change once. Are you using Chrome or your phone? What more can you share about your browser or device?

@LogGrad98 Just tried it and it didn't boot me out and I watched the bottom closable ad change twice and the one near the bottom of the thread change once. Are you using Chrome or your phone? What more can you share about your browser or device?
I'm using my phone, chrome mobile, and it's showing the mobile version of the site.

Still happens. Seems to be less frequent.

Lol it just happened while I was typing this. I tried to catch what ad it was, but it was definitely a change of the banner ad at the bottom of the screen.

Got it twice in a single post, and again writing this one. Twice it was a Traeger ad coming on the screen and once it was best buy. Not sure the ad org. Twice it was the small banner at the bottom of the screen, and one of the Traeger's was a large banner ad at the top of the screen.

It happens very consistently when a best buy ad come on the screen.

@Jason

I'm surprised it seems like I'm the only one with this issue. It's happening when the banner add with the little X changes at the bottom of the screen. I think if that ad were removed the problem would go away. I took a screen shot of one that triggered this.

Screenshot_20201216-072954_Chrome.jpg

I'm surprised it seems like I'm the only one with this issue. It's happening when the banner add with the little X changes at the bottom of the screen. I think if that ad were removed the problem would go away. I took a screen shot of one that triggered this.

View attachment 10008
I’m having lots of problems. Lots of bouncing up and down. On a PC it keeps moving off of the text box while I type.