What's new

I know this is stupid, but I'm gonna redo two draft picks

NAOS

Knight & Giannis.... Lots of dudes were calling for these picks.

Knight
Hayward
Giannis
Favors
Gobert (taken 21st)

There were a lot of wings we could have drafted (Hayward, George, Kawhi, Thompson, Giannis). For balance though, it's difficult to find a quality PG with the picks the Jazz have had. Probably have to go back to 2009 and Collison instead of Maynor, or reach for Knight. Or maybe take Bledsoe instead of Hayward or George. Not as good, obviously, but you can pick up all-stars at SG/SF in later drafts.

PG: Bledsoe (2010)
SG: Klay Thompson (2011 #3 pick)
SF: Kawhi (2011 #12 pick)
PF: Favors (trade)
C: Gobert (2013 #21 pick)

6th man: Giannis (2013 #14 pick)

Obviously, hindsight is great. Knight at #3 would have been a reach. And Klay that high would have burned down the board. And no way does Bledsoe get taken before George. Trading up for Trey was Lindsey's huge blunder. I understand why he did it. Just an unfortunate pick.

I think he meant within the realm of realism.

No one was talking about Thompson with the 3rd pick.

We were talking about Knight and Giannis where we were picking at the time though.

Both picks would make sense. Knight is definitely a lot better than I thought he would be, but he really is more of a 2- guard. Doesn't have very good vision. I see him as a starter on bad teams who can put up good numbers, and a pretty good 6th man. Pretty similar role to Kanter actually.

Both picks would make sense. Knight is definitely a lot better than I thought he would be, but he really is more of a 2- guard. Doesn't have very good vision. I see him as a starter on bad teams who can put up good numbers, and a pretty good 6th man. Pretty similar role to Kanter actually.

Knight on a team with Hayward/Giannis makes a lot of sense though since they both do a lot of on-ball playmaking.

Knight on a team with Hayward/Giannis makes a lot of sense though since they both do a lot of on-ball playmaking.

True. I just think Knight's best role might be coming off the bench as a scorer. Poor vision and he's a ball stopper. Wouldn't be ideal for our team, but certainly better than what we have now.

I kinda like how Knight has finally vindicated a lot of posters. A lot of **** slingers on here the first couple years after that draft have disappeared.