What's new

If Gobert drops another ball...

The Jazz Wonderbra

Yeah, yeah, I know. Gobert makes us a better team, blah blah blah.

still, I want to pop a zygote every time he plays outside of his game trying to be something he is not and turns the ball over!!!

So, it begs the question... What will you do the next time gobert drops an easy pass or airballs a 12 foot jumper with no one guarding him or thinks he has a post game and takes on someone only to throw the ball out of bounds.

Please answer with gifs and pics or something as ridiculous as watching our top paid player do the goofiest things...

Eh I dont think its making too big of a deal to ask a dude to do one of the most fundamental part of that side of the court. I love Rudy, but come on, just cleanly catch a god damned ball.

That would change his game and our offense so much for the better if he was in any way more reliable down there than just throwing down a lob.

Rudy has regressed this year in his individual offense. It is disappointing. I can't really pin point what exactly is happening. Overall he looks a bit less springy. Makes sense as he ages at his size. He really can barely jump from a standstill anymore. This is most obvious on jump-balls where he barely even jumps.

I just wish he would stop taking mid-range shots. If he's going to shoot, might as well be a 3 pointer.

It doesnt really effect how I feel about his contract though. He's here for defense and to screen for our guards, which makes up the vast majority of our offense.

Eh I dont think its making too big of a deal to ask a dude to do one of the most fundamental part of that side of the court. I love Rudy, but come on, just cleanly catch a god damned ball.

That would change his game and our offense so much for the better if he was in any way more reliable down there than just throwing down a lob.
I don’t know that you can improve all that much with catching the ball. If he had great hands it would help a lot. I think we should put him in the dunkers spot a bit more to help space the floor and get away from being as heavy with pick and roll. That is a much easier pass to catch. The pick and roll in traffic with guys coming in on your legs is tougher sometimes. Sometimes you don’t know if they are rotating behind you and you might alligator arm it.

I agree that he has regressed at catching the ball. Also seems to have regressed at going up strong without having it knocked away. Hopefully it's just the weirdness of this strange season so far.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah, yeah, I know. Gobert makes us a better team, blah blah blah.

still, I want to pop a zygote every time he plays outside of his game trying to be something he is not and turns the ball over!!!

So, it begs the question... What will you do the next time gobert drops an easy pass or airballs a 12 foot jumper with no one guarding him or thinks he has a post game and takes on someone only to throw the ball out of bounds.

Please answer with gifs and pics or something as ridiculous as watching our top paid player do the goofiest things...
Gobert's balls dropped when he was a 3. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a few extra sets he has claimed from his defeated (or is it deballed?) opponents. You can tell which players balls he has claimed as they don't dare to get near him.

tenor (2).gifrudy-block-short.gif

Attachments

• 1610560076740.png
    1610560076740.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 1610560171150.png
    1610560171150.png
    93 KB · Views: 15
Yeah as has been said in the game threads, this road trip has been rough for Rudy's FT shooting and offense overall.

I was thinking it was all his hands and his head but as Cy also mentioned I have also noticed most games it appears Gobert doesn't give an effort on the tip ball but attributed it to him and the Jazz not really caring as well as some of those were really poor thrown by the refs.

Hopefully this is just a weird part of a weird season and Rudy will snap out of it.

It's probably just a funk. Conley and Mitchell playing well together with the spacing we have opened new channels to Rudy. He just needs to focus and get used to it and he will be better.