What's new

If there is one thing I miss;

We all know him from his nonsense injury antics and ill-advised remarriage to his crazy wife that he single-handedly made Monson and Siler lose sleep because of the golden material they had to write with, but there is no arguement Carlos Boozer was a great player on this team when he was 100% healthy. His numbers can show that.

After all this hype about D-will going off on Hayward, it got me thinking that there is one thing I can honestly say I miss about Boozer: His emotions. Emotions in the good sense, not the "yelling at rookies" sense. He would dunk with such childish authority swinging like a 12 year-old on the monkey bars, but it got the crowd and his teammates hyped up. He would yell and throw a "punch" (even though he would tell you he tripped over a bag if he broke his hand punching) when he got an "and 1", but let's face it: he got you and I hyped up.

Maybe I'm just up in the night, but do we need someone else other than D-will to take that role. To get fired up, emotional, downright silly? Who can live up to that role? Raja? No way. Hayward? He can't even rap. Millsap? Thoughts?

I'm probably one of Boozer's biggest fans and I definitely miss him on the Jazz, but when you consider: 28 yrs old vs. 25 yrs old, 5 yrs $75 million vs. 3 yrs $42 million, 58 games per season over the last 6 years vs. 70 games, Jefferson was the better option. Similar to Matthews vs. Raja - but as good as Wes was he's not worth 5 yrs $32.5 million (although I'm not sure Raja was worth 3 yrs $9.7 mill either.)

The Jazz do need someone to bring the positive energy Boozer did, because now when something bad happens guys seem to hang their heads or "play backwards" as Jerry would say. Deron and Raja are what I call "angry leaders" in that they'll correct something they don't like, but they're not good at keeping everyone positive and upbeat. Maybe we should bring Mark Madsen out of retirement.

I'm not at all saying that we need Boozer back, but I'm pondering if we need someone to have his enthusiasm on the team. God, I don't want him back. AJ ftw.

It's hard to be enthusiastic over fouls, turnovers and missing everything your throw up at the basket.

Any real Jazz fan misses Booz right now. I was thinking that last night watching Big look lost on half of our possessions. We will be fine but it does show that Booz had his place.

carlos-boozer.jpg

Big Al will be fine once he gets into our flow.

The entire team is funking. Missing open Js, lay ups, no defense....
We'll turn this thing around at some point.

Boozer went to Duke, Jefferson came from Mississippi High School into the NBA... Not sayin' Boozer is naturally smarter, but he had a lot more exposure to the education process at Duke, so is probably a quicker learnerdue to that experience which Jefferson never had. Jefferson will get it; he obviously learned very well from Kevin McHale in Minnesota. Patience, young Skywalkers...

we all know him from his nonsense injury antics and ill-advised remarriage to his crazy wife that he single-handedly made monson and siler lose sleep because of the golden material they had to write with, but there is no arguement carlos boozer was a great player on this team when he was 100% healthy. His numbers can show that.

yeah, offensively boozer was a beast i'll give you that... But he didn't and more importantly wouldn't do what jefferson likes to and once he gets this offense down, you will see that he is much more valuable than boozer will ever be... Frankly, i was tired of watching boozer just stand there (and this is not an exaggeration) while somebody drove right by him in the lane... The guy was worthless defensively aside from a few lucky steals... At least jefferson is in the guys path either blocking the shot or getting a hand up in the air...

after all this hype about d-will going off on hayward, it got me thinking that there is one thing i can honestly say i miss about boozer: His emotions. Emotions in the good sense, not the "yelling at rookies" sense. He would dunk with such childish authority swinging like a 12 year-old on the monkey bars, but it got the crowd and his teammates hyped up. He would yell and throw a "punch" (even though he would tell you he tripped over a bag if he broke his hand punching) when he got an "and 1", but let's face it: He got you and i hyped up.

can't argue with that... Also the guy was flatlined and i think that helped other players calm down but then again when i saw al jefferson pulling that rookie aside and speaking calmly into his ear to calm down when deron was yelling at him, that showed me some leadership too... Give him time, he'll get it...

maybe i'm just up in the night, but do we need someone else other than d-will to take that role. To get fired up, emotional, downright silly? Who can live up to that role? Raja? No way. Hayward? He can't even rap. Millsap? Thoughts?

jmo

We all know him from his nonsense injury antics and ill-advised remarriage to his crazy wife that he single-handedly made Monson and Siler lose sleep because of the golden material they had to write with, but there is no arguement Carlos Boozer was a great player on this team when he was 100% healthy. His numbers can show that.

After all this hype about D-will going off on Hayward, it got me thinking that there is one thing I can honestly say I miss about Boozer: His emotions. Emotions in the good sense, not the "yelling at rookies" sense. He would dunk with such childish authority swinging like a 12 year-old on the monkey bars, but it got the crowd and his teammates hyped up. He would yell and throw a "punch" (even though he would tell you he tripped over a bag if he broke his hand punching) when he got an "and 1", but let's face it: he got you and I hyped up.

Maybe I'm just up in the night, but do we need someone else other than D-will to take that role. To get fired up, emotional, downright silly? Who can live up to that role? Raja? No way. Hayward? He can't even rap. Millsap? Thoughts?

very well said +3

I held out on the boozer hate until close to the end. I still wonder if the fans turned Boozer on the fans. He was great when HEALTHY. But he's no offensive threat with his outside specialties.

You're making a somewhat common support for the chemically imballanced--they may do some stupid stuff, but all that emotion can translate into greatness. It's a balancing act between punching fans and auctioning off your only championship ring for charity. T.O., all of em', it's all the same. Love it or hate it, it can translate into tons of extra wins if harnessed the right way. Utah really isn't the shop to forge that extra caliber (but we all know that). Maybe fans should lighten up on Booze-type hate?