What's new

Is Deron Williams = Baron Davis 2.0 ?

AlaskanAssassin

After watching the Lakers game with a friend (who is a Lakers fan), my friend mentioned to me how much Deron reminds him of a young Baron Davis. I asked why and he mentioned that it is apparent that Deron has become extremely frustrated, is upset with management, isn't buying into the scheme, and will soon become disinterested until the team improves. Much like Baron Davis when he was with Golden State, and now the Clippers.

I'm not buying into it, but even when a casual observer compares your point guard to Baron Davis, you start to shiver. I don't think it's in Deron's blood to start coasting through the season, but you have to wonder if he might start taking it a little easier on his body if the team isn't a title contender. Deron plays hard and physical, but if your a first round exit, do you want to put yourself in jeopardy like that night in and night out?

baron-davis.jpg

I don't think we'll ever see Deron do this:

2dgt1u1.jpg

Aww you beat me to it. That was my first thought when I read the thread title. Davis is a hack. Deron will never sink that low.

Oh and I think the ref that called the foul on Memo for this should have been fired on the spot and been forced by court order to watch this video every day for the rest of his life. Is that too harsh? Nah.

That video pisses me off. How the f can the league let players get away with that crap? They should be suspended for a month, or worse. The refs should be canned if they can't stop the flopping. Stern is an f'g moron. Unfortunately, flopping is pervasive now, part of the game. The leagues solution? Give technicals to any player who so much as makes a face about the terrible calls, and fine anybody that complains about the terrible reffing.

That video pisses me off. How the f can the league let players get away with that crap? They should be suspended for a month, or worse. The refs should be canned if they can't stop the flopping. Stern is an f'g moron. Unfortunately, flopping is pervasive now, part of the game. The leagues solution? Give technicals to any player who so much as makes a face about the terrible calls, and fine anybody that complains about the terrible reffing.

Raja Bell would be kicked out of the league if this were the case.

That makes no sense.

1) Baron Davis isn't and has never been considered the fiercest competitor on earth. He's chippy, but that's not the same thing.
2) Baron Davis never checked out on the Warriors or their gameplan. Their gameplan made him relevant again and got him a nice chunk of Donald Sterling's $$$.
3) Baron Davis really checked out after he signed with the Clippers and I don't think he treats the game with any reverence or seriousness. Deron's biggest problem and best attribute simultaneously is how stern and serious he is.
4) Deron Williams on his worst night as a team player is better than Baron Davis has ever been as a team player.

After watching the Lakers game with a friend (who is a Lakers fan), my friend mentioned to me how much Deron reminds him of a young Baron Davis. I asked why and he mentioned that it is apparent that Deron has become extremely frustrated, is upset with management, isn't buying into the scheme, and will soon become disinterested until the team improves. Much like Baron Davis when he was with Golden State, and now the Clippers.

I'm not buying into it, but even when a casual observer compares your point guard to Baron Davis, you start to shiver. I don't think it's in Deron's blood to start coasting through the season, but you have to wonder if he might start taking it a little easier on his body if the team isn't a title contender. Deron plays hard and physical, but if your a first round exit, do you want to put yourself in jeopardy like that night in and night out?

baron-davis.jpg

I hope your friend is watching D-Will play tonight!!