What's new

Game Thread Jan 08, 2023 04:00PM MT: Jazz at Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 01-08-23

After starting the season 10-3, the Jazz drop to 10-20 in their last 30 games.
I don't think Jazz intend to tank; just trying to create a win culture I guess. And it's kind of silly because we've got about a dozen teams below us and more than that above us.... and that's exactly where you probably should plan not to be.
So, as others have said before, I'm getting the TyCo/KOC vibes :eek:
Then I remember we've got this guy DA (that I don't like) running the show and my mind gets a bit better... if that makes any sense at all....

I don't think Jazz intend to tank; just trying to create a win culture I guess. And it's kind of silly because we've got about a dozen teams below us and more than that above us.... and that's exactly where you probably should plan not to be.
So, as others have said before, I'm getting the TyCo/KOC vibes :eek:
Then I remember we've got this guy DA (that I don't like) running the show and my mind gets a bit better... if that makes any sense at all....
In this current bad stretch, the Jazz haven't been totally awful and blown out of the water, it seems that in each loss there is a stretch that puts the Jazz underwater. Today the Jazz won three of four quarters and had the miserable 2nd quarter. Last night the 4th quarter was the killer.

The plan has seemed clear for some time. Give most minutes to veterans to keep up their trade value. If soehow the team was about to be close to the starting of the season great. But it is not so now it's to kep up the value and get some assets in trades.

Plan not working. Vet trade value been decreasing for a while now.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Go ahead and trade Clarkson, Gay, Vanderbilt ,Olynyk and Conley today. Or suspend them all for conduct detrimental to the team. Or waive them. I don't give a ****.

Don't want to see any of these dudes play anymore.

Perfect time to sneaky tank. Sit Sexton with the hammy… stretch out KO’s injury… for the love rest Mike. Maybe give Lauri a night off to rest. Or it’s time to execute the tank trade… **** or get off the pot.
Yep and they are already starting to do that including 'resting' Lauri in the 2nd half of games.

After Lauri gets picked for the ASG it's probably going to get ugly the last two months of the season with some losing. This team should have a decent shot at a bottom 6 record which could end up top 4 in the lottery. Minnesota's schedule is going to get very difficult. I think they end up with 2 top 10 picks. It will be taking one step back but they could take 2 steps forward next season. It's possible to draft a stud such as one of the Thompsons and also acquire another very good player thru trade (Siakam? OG?) this offseason.

The one thing I'm certain is they currently don't have the horses on this team to win a playoff series. They desperately need length and athleticism and more playmaking. Someone like Amen Thompson checks all those boxes and he's probably one of the better connectors I've seen in recent drafts. If Danny plays his cards right this could be a sustainable playoff team maybe as soon as next year and not the mirage 10-3 team we saw to begin this season.