What's new

Game Thread Jan 17, 2022 08:30PM MT: Jazz at Lakers

Added to Calendar: 01-17-22

Release the Kraken

I don’t support any trades at this point. It clearly would distract from what the problem is. Quin’s mismanagement of these situations (which is almost entirely what the playoffs are) is worse than our perimeter defense (which his emphases ultimately facilitated).
Again, sad but true.

KqWIN

I don’t support any trades at this point. It clearly would distract from what the problem is. Quin’s mismanagement of these situations (which is almost entirely what the playoffs are) is worse than our perimeter defense (which his emphases ultimately facilitated).

Seems like very flawed logic to me. Two things can be true, the Jazz both have terrible talent and Quin is a terrible in game coach if he has to make adjustments. Remember, the Jazz had good defense when they had good talent around Gobert against HOU 2x which was an elite offense. Both are serious issues and there needs to be some degree of change in both areas. Otherwise we are literally rolling the dice again with the same odds after getting embarrassed year after year.

I think Quin cementing in these terrible defensive is part of the issue, but his biggest issue is his stubbornness. It shows on both ends of the court and especially in close games.

Hekate

2022 Prediction Contest Winner
The result doesn't matter. The fact that Quin is incapable of making an in game adjustment to his pregame plan is the problem. Quin getting outcoached is a central issue to the Jazz repeated playoff failures.
The result is the problem. The result doesn't matter. You should decide.

Jazz ran different sets tonight but spacing was jumbled because they couldn't hit shots. It happens. Bogey sucked which took some of our options to bust switches with his post-uşs and all.

Hekate

We may have held the Lakers to *101, but the worst defense in the league just held our “historic offense” to 95.
Statistically proven that offense is much more vulnerable to variance in the regular season. It happens.

KqWIN

The result is the problem. The result doesn't matter. You should decide.

Jazz ran different sets tonight but spacing was jumbled because they couldn't hit shots. It happens. Bogey sucked which took some of our options to bust switches with his post-uşs and all.

I mean, do I need to repeat this for the third time? The result is not the problem. I'll do it 3 more times to make it more clear. The result is not the problem. The result is not the problem. The result is not the problem.

This game showcased a problem that has been present for years. Quin's inability to make adjustments is the problem. We could have very easily one, but it doesn't change that problem.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Statistically proven that offense is much more vulnerable to variance in the regular season. It happens.
I believe you missed my point completely. But in any case, if we can attribute that to variance then we should likewise be attributing holding LA to 101 to their offensive variance, too.

Saint Cy of JFC

Man, Donovan is getting killed right now across NBA Reddit. A lot of comments on how Rudy deserves better… interesting to see the narrative on this team shift.
was bound to happen. I think a lot of people see the ridiculous level of hate Gobert gets and see how undeserved it is.

TheGoldStandard

Quin needs to break off a bit from his moneyball system and emphasize the deep post seal by Gobert. I see no reason why that shouldnt be a dangerous weapon the Jazz exploit endlessly.
Moneyball HAS to factor in game adjustments. Quin cannot figure that part out.