What's new

Game Thread Jan 26, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns

Added to Calendar: 01-26-22

Bummer, I was really looking forward to this stretch of games. Too bad our injuries happened right when we had some proper measuring stick games.

If we are gonna play without Rudy, we need to bring the most energy and effort out of our players. Like the ones we did in Toronto and last night.

Can't stick with a lazy ripoff version of "funnel everything to your center, except it's not gonna be Rudy this time" strategy and give an half-assed attempt.

But of course, we are probably just gonna bench house/hughes/butler/forrest, then give 40min to Jingles/Clarkson/Royce/Conley, like the loss against Cleveland and Detroit all over again.

It's gonna be very telling if we end up losing to the same Suns team tomorrow with most of starters back in a more disappointing fashion than we did against them in Phoenix when we just let our scrubs play their game.

I am on board with playing the young and new guys as much as possible. This is a loss no matter what. We might as well see what we have more with new guys and try to help develop young guys with playing time. I think best case scenario is last game.

Yeah, without Rudy and Don this is a loss no matter what. We'd be much better off just letting the young guys play and resting the old guys.

Something wild happened last game. Danuel House got into the opposing teams passing lane, stole the basketball and took it in for a easy basket. Is this disruption of the opposing teams offense allowed? I was told you can only play offense. I hope for more of this tonight.

Something wild happened last game. Danuel House got into the opposing teams passing lane, stole the basketball and took it in for a easy basket. Is this disruption of the opposing teams offense allowed? I was told you can only play offense. I hope for more of this tonight.
This is against the rules... the other thing he did where he gets close enough to the shooter to make him think he will block it is not just rude but it is also illegal. No wonder no one wanted that guy.

It is the gentlemen's agreement when playing that Jazz, that we will do nothing to bother any shot outside of 10 feet. It goes along with the agreement that we will have at least one player dispute every no-call and stay back so your team can have a free 5 on 4 possession at least 2 times every quarter. This is the way.

The fan base is going to have a complete meltdown tomorrow night when most of the rotation guys play and get blown out after the scrubs played so well in Phoenix and kept the game close.
Our main rotations can't handle games without Rudy. They just can’t. Donovan included.

It's like when you score a point in tennis as the ball bounces over the net. It's allowed but you're supposed to apologise to the opponent.