What's new

Jazz front runner for Conley

Not sure how we’d pull it off but I’ll take it. The rest of the roster still needs a couple solid moves

This feels very similar to the Ricky Rubio trade with Minnesota two years ago. The Jazz traded their OKC 1st-rd pick (which they got in the Enes Kanter trade) just a few days before the draft, and that was it. We took Rubio into space, and Minnesota made a big offer to Jeff Teague. The Jazz are trying to get Conley without giving up much--probably because Conley is 32 and he costs a boatload.

Conley is a nice piece, but not sure how we can fill out the roster. Seems we like a short term gain, which I'm not against b/c we need to retain Rudy, but we need to fill out with some other shooters.

I would rather have Russell or Holiday but I don't think that they are possible without cutting Favors. Keeping Favors and adding Conley would be better don't you think? Not sure how this trade as far as saleries go would work though.

Conley is a nice piece, but not sure how we can fill out the roster. Seems we like a short term gain, which I'm not against b/c we need to retain Rudy, but we need to fill out with some other shooters.

We would still have the MLE and room exception to help fill out the roster.

F*** Conley. He’d be a mistake. I have such a hard time seeing what everyone sees in him. He’s a 32 year old non-all-star. He didn’t average over 20 points a game until year 11 in the nba. He’s over 20 a game now but he’s been on a crap team. He’s a good defender, but he lacks size. He’s old and his durability is a question. His contract is huge and the price to get him via trade is also super high. So many red flags....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we then signed a Niko or Jabari, we’ve 1. already addressed shooting partially and 2. our shooting issues aren’t as glaring when we’re not trotting out 3 non-shooting starters.

This feels very similar to the Ricky Rubio trade with Minnesota two years ago. The Jazz traded their OKC 1st-rd pick (which they got in the Enes Kanter trade) just a few days before the draft, and that was it. We took Rubio into space, and Minnesota made a big offer to Jeff Teague. The Jazz are trying to get Conley without giving up much--probably because Conley is 32 and he costs a boatload.

Can't compare the two man. Rubio sucks Conley is a game changer