What's new

Jazz need CHANGES

This team right now isn't constructed to win now or in the future. What do all the great teams have- Defense,bench and shooting and at least 1 star

1. Celtics- KG(D), Perkins(D)Allen and Pierce(shooters), Oneal's,Wafer,Erden,Big Baby,Daniels,Robinson- Bench **4 All Stars
2. Spurs- Duncan(D), Hill (D and bench), Ginobli (Shooter), Jefferson (shooter), Bonner (Shooter/Bench), Neal/McDyess/Splitter- (Bench) **2 All Stars
3. Mavs- Chandler (D), Haywood (D and bench), Marion (D and bench), Stevenson (Shooting and D), Terry (Shooting and Bench), Peja (Shooting) Dirk (Shooting and some D), Kidd (Shooting *better than Deron) Butler (Shooting and D) Barea (Bench) **1 All Star
4. Lakers- Bryant (Shooting), Gasol (D), Odom (Bench and D), Bynum (D), Ratliff (Bench and D) Artest (D and Shooting *better than Deron) Fisher (Shooter) Blake (Shooter and Bench), Barnes/Brown- Bench **2 All Stars
5. Heat- 3 All Stars, Anthony and Dampier- (D), Jones/Miller/House- (Shooters,Bench), Chalmers (Shooting) James/Wade- (Shooting)
6. Thunder- Harden/Cook/Maynor- (Bench/Shooting), Durant- (Shooter/Defense) Thabo (Defense), Ibaka(D and Bench), Collison- Bench **2 All Stars
7. Magic- Howard (D), Richardson (Shooter and D), Ryan Anderson (Shooter), Hedo(Shooter), Quentin R(Shooter/Bench), Jameer- (Shooter), Reddick(Shooter/Bench), Arenas/Clark/Bass- (Bench) *1 All Star

Compared to the Jazz
D Will(Somewhat of a shooter), Miles- (Not good % on 3) Jefferson (Decent D) No real bench. No other shooters. *1 All Star

The Jazz either need to rebuild from scratch or make trades and start making good draft selections

Agree or disagree?

LOL. You may put AK and Bell into D category easily and someone would fall into bench category as well

I think this team needs to stay as they are and see how good they are when they get healthy

Signed KOC

The Jazz need better players to play better...

I'm gonna make a petition and maybe if we all sign it and send it to the front office, they'll finally figure it out.

I think this team needs to stay as they are and see how good they are when they get healthy plus we're still very young and the drama of the past few weeks has really taken a toll on the guys. When we get back from the AS break, we'll contend for the #1 seed.

Signed KOC

Fixed again.

The more I think about it, the more I'm in favor of the team entering a rebuilding mode. I just don't think Deron is going to re-sign with the team when his contract is up. Rebuild.

Rebuilding solves what? You take 10 steps back and pray that you take 15 steps forward one day. Rebuilding is a long and slow process that can break a franchise if certain draft picks or trades don't pan out especially when they are based around potential. The Jazz may need to make changes, but not rebuild.

The key this is for Jazz management and staff to change their attitudes and approaches:

1. Make sure that most of your players can shoot the ball. The Jazz always carry way too many guys who are just not good shooters. Right now they have arguably two, Memo and Deron, with CJ trying to get there. Ronnie Price should not be on the team and never should have been. They should never have selected a shooting guard (Brewer) who could never be expected to shoot because of a physical abnormality. You can carry one guy like this who contributes big time in other ways (Watson would be the one this year) but that is it. Look at the Spurs: year in and year out they have a fair bit of turnover in their role players and they manage to get a great number of guys who can shoot. The Jazz need to emphasize this basic skill more than they have.

2. Defense: teach it , coach it , demand it. I watched the Spurs - Chicago game last night, two of the best teams and two of the best defensive teams. Overall I did not see a huge difference in personnel between them and the Jazz regarding defense. Both teams are fairly small and neither played a guy who really clogs the lane. They just play good team defense, something the Jazz sorely lack and have for years. Sloan did a poor job with the D the last several years and Corbin so far has not been any better. I think they over-emphasize the Sloan offensive system too much and how guys fit into that so that guys like Fesenko get little pt despite what they do on D.