What's new

Jazz plan to sign Georges Niang to Two-Way Contract

kabenac

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2018/01/11/jazz-plan-to-sign-georges-niang-to-two-way-contract/

"The Utah Jazz plan to sign power forward Georges Niang to a two-way deal, league sources tell The Salt Lake Tribune.

The Jazz will have to waive either Erik McCree or Naz Mitrou-Long, their current two-way players, to make room for Niang, who has played with the G-League Santa Cruz Warriors this season. Sources say the Jazz possibly could waive Mitrou-Long and keep him with their G-League affiliate, the Salt Lake City Stars.

Niang has started 26 games for Santa Cruz this season, averaging 18.4 points, 6.7 rebounds and 4.7 assists. Niang and Mitrou-Long were teammates at Iowa State, where Niang was one of the best players in the country as a senior.

Niang, at 6 foot 7, was a second-round pick by the Indiana Pacers in the 2016 NBA Draft. He appeared in 23 games for Indiana but was waived after one season.

Niang is undersized but makes up for that with skill on the perimeter and in the post. He can shoot with 3-point range or operate in the paint. He will be the fifth Jazz two-way player this season. Utah’s original two-way players were Eric Griffin and Nate Wolters.

The Jazz improved to 17-24 after defeating the Washington Wizards on Wednesday night. They will face the Charlotte Hornets on Friday night to wrap up their four-game road trip."

I read Naz Mitrou-Long got injured. So the jazz are waiving him from the 2-way anD will sign him back to the stars.

Naz Long is the league leader in points per 36 and 3PM/36. Absolutely foolish to waive him.

I watched some G-League highlights on Nieng. His shot isn't nearly as ugly now as it was when he was playing for the Pacers. He loves the corner three.

He runs the floor well and passes well. His inside moves aren't pretty but when he's facing fellow G-League tweeners it's evidently effective as he scores a lot inside, which was surprising to me.

Nieng reminds me of Lyles in a lot of ways - including being 'meh' on defense. But for a 2-way guy he's worth signing.

One Cyclone waived, another Cyclone signed
I don't think they have announced who was waived yet. Would be surprised of it was Nas w/ Neto still out. Naz has been traveling with the team. Probably McCree. Jazz seem to be treating these contracts more like 10 days.

I read Naz Mitrou-Long got injured. So the jazz are waiving him from the 2-way anD will sign him back to the stars.

How'd he get hurt? Jumping off the bench screaming, lol? That guy is an absolute maniac on the side-lines.

ugh... I'm kinda glad I don't root for the Jazz anymore when I see **** like this..

I hated this kid in college, thought he was way over hyped..

He's essentially a much ******** version of Trey Lyles..

Won't be here for long tho.. IMO.. He's the type of player who had some really atrocious performances that are kinda "forgive but don't forget" type of worthy in my mind...

I tend to be biased against players 'like this' tho..

ugh... I'm kinda glad I don't root for the Jazz anymore when I see **** like this..

Won't be here for long tho.. IMO.. He's the type of player who had some really atrocious performances that are kinda "forgive but don't forget" type of worthy in my mind...

If you type all the stuff that comes to your mind you’ll never be forgotten.

Glad this kind of thing gets under your skin. It ain’t even a blip on the radar of relevance.

It's poetic justice to see Niang outplaying Barnes after reading this post.

L

So weird that a dude who has such irrational confidence in himself is so consistently wrong.

The number of people you know who make more $$$ betting on basketball than me is zero. I have turned this thing, this arena, these propositions to taking candy from a baby levels of easy, buut yeah i'm consistently wrong LOL.

You know I retired before I turned 30 right?I predicted that years in advance too..