What's new

Jazz prospects

slc

So far just about all Jazz prospects have high BB IQs or work ethic or team player. Jefferson, Bell,Thompson, Scheyer, Weaver, Hayward, Evans, Elson, Nichols, etc. Jazz seem locked into that kind of player especially this year. No more great athlete but clueless idiots gambles anymore. Does that seem obvious to anyone? :confused:

So far just about all Jazz prospects have high BB IQs or work ethic or team player. Jefferson, Bell,Thompson, Scheyer, Weaver, Hayward, Evans, Elson, Nichols, etc. Jazz seem locked into that kind of player especially this year. No more great athlete but clueless idiots gambles anymore. Does that seem obvious to anyone? :confused:

Yes???

that seems to be the trend ever since the Jazz moved to Utah from New Orleans...

... and your point is what exactly?????

No more Snyders, Humphries, Almonds, Brewers, Koufos, etc.
None of those players are both "great athletes" and "clueless idiots". Not even by a damn mile, actually.

And Jefferson has never shown that he's a team-oriented player or one with particularly great b-ball IQ.

To summarize; if you want to find a clueless idiot, go find a mirror.

Brewer did a great job for us while he was here. If he could shoot from distance, he would have been perfect for our system and irreplaceable. His basketball IQ was good.

Jefferson's basketball IQ is currently a question mark. If he has Brewer's basketball IQ, we will all be exceedingly happy.

none of those players are both "great athletes" and "clueless idiots". Not even by a damn mile, actually.

And jefferson has never shown that he's a team-oriented player or one with particularly great b-ball iq.

lmao

I've read "high BB-IQ" for both our draft picks and Thompson.
Not for Big Al, although he's arguably the best low-post player in the NBA right now. Not known for his passing, but he's never had anyone to pass it to who could score... Jury's out on that...
And not for Elson, although he appears to be a disciplined player; plays within the team concept better than most bigs.
Raja is a big effort guy and developed into a good 3-point shooter. Plays hard at both ends. Not sure of his BB-IQ...

I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised by Big Al. He was raw coming into the NBA out of HS. As expected, he took a couple of years to develop and was just starting to hit his stride when Boston dealt him for Garnett. Then he goes to Minnesota, which never had much of a structured offense until McHale fell in Love with Kevin and basically shut Jefferson out.

Look at his stats...improvement every year peaking at 23/11 before he went down with his injury. Al has never really played with a good PG. Now he's 1 1/2 years removed from his injury, playing with one of the best PG's in the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jefferson put up 25/12 this season.

I have hope Jefferson can mature his game with the Jazz, but again, he's shown nothing in his career that indicates he's a team player.

Interesting thought, though, Jefferson and Boozer are kind of opposites of each other, or maybe bizarro versions of each other. While Boozer went to a university and won a national championship, Jefferson came out of high school. While Boozer's first team was atrocious, Jefferson's was actually decent (when he arrived). The biggest point of interest for me is that while Boozer - to borrow a Locke-ism - 'never moved the sincerity meter', he was a tailor-made player in and for this system and that included an impressive passing game on a winner, while Jefferson is a great, believable interview and has been a complete blackhole on losing teams.

Bob Loblaw.

Jefferson is not an immature player, he was just playing for the wolves. Have you ever heard any player say anything positive about the T-Wolves? Jefferson was a beast and all signs point to him having the best year of his career. Our system is custom made for AL also, he's a back to the basket player but can also finish with either hand. His jump shot is solid from about 12 feet in, and he has spectacular foot work. Now that the pressure is off AL to be the superstar that transforms the terrible timbers in to a playoff team we should see a more relaxed player than before. Mark my words friends at the end of the day you will be glad Boozer is gone.

None of those players are both "great athletes" and "clueless idiots". Not even by a damn mile, actually.

And Jefferson has never shown that he's a team-oriented player or one with particularly great b-ball IQ.

LOL to the power of gazillion.. LOL!!