What's new

Jazz sign Hassan Whiteside

Thinking with Rudy, Hassan, Udoka Jazz can get 48 minutes of rim protection
That will put a lot of pressure on teams to make threes
That may make the difference
Add the fact that we were the number one team in the nba at not allowing 3's (iirc) and thats a pretty good recipe for another great defensive season like last season. (I think we were also near the top of the league at keeping teams off the free throw line)

Theis, Noel (maybe), Z. Collins, Len, Lopez, McGee, Dieng all got somewhere between the MLE and minimum.

I don't know who fits the timeline best.
Theis and Noel got over the MLE I think. I’d put my money on Dieng and or Lopez. This is going to drive me crazy though, JUST SPILL THE BEANS TONY

I think I figured it out............we're emulating the French team that has three big centers. We got our horse now to play the role of Moustapha Fall who spells Gobert for longer periods than Faves ever did. Paschall is built a lot like Yabusele who has been quite effective for them. Paschall obviously has a ways to go yet. Gay is a cross between Batum and Fournier. Kinda funny how the best I could hope for was Batum or Portis, and we scored Rudy Gay - definite upgrade IMO. Course France seems to pound the paint more than we ever have, hopefully it's a new wrinkle for the offense.

Couldn't find a grade for the whole package but Bleacher Report gave us a B+ for the Gay signing. Considering that they gave the Lakers a B for the Carmello signing, I think they short changed us though. :rolleyes:

Dok 9 for 9 on Wednesday and 7 for 7 last night OMG!!! I mean these guys have expectations. I hope Snyder is open to some twin tower options or this thing could get ugly fast, doh. The last thing I want to see is another Ed Davis situation. And I know the circumstances were different but Davis who’d played big relief minutes the year before for the Nets, just quietly took his lumps in Utah. Not the Whiteside M.O., that’s for sure. Ouch, just hope we can make this lopsided boat float, that’s all.

Last edited:
If Dok continues to shine, I could see Whitesides waived/moved at the deadline for a second or something.

The thing about Dok is there are very few guys in the league that can guard him if he figures it all out just because of his size, strength, and athleticism. Once teams realize that, it’ll be hack-a-Dok. And he’s an awful FT shooter. It was so bad at KU that he had to be removed in endgame situations. I don’t want to be too optimistic, but I have some hope the Jazz might have fixed his FT shot based on early returns. His FT line stroke looks MUCH better.

He is the anti-Rudy when it comes to his hands thoug. They are soft AF. I don’t recall Dok ever fumbling a pass out of bounds at KU.