What's new

Jeffers Last Night

21 minutes of PT with 6 points 6 boards and a +9 when he was on the floor.

Screw Wesley....THIS guy is the one guy we couldn't afford to let walk this off-season. Him and Sundiata "Sign-this-guy-for-the-rest-of-the-season" Gaines! They knew how to win...fo' sho'!

Raja Bell last night.

19 minutes of PT with 3 points 2 boards, while shooting 1-6. His usual performance.

Othyus Jeffers is nice. He is what Raja Bell was 8 years ago when he played for us the first time. I was really impressed with him last night, as I always am when he plays. He's tough, he's a really good defender, and he has a real knack for the ball. Gordon Hayward is like that, but none of our other perimeter players are. Our backcourt is an absolute embarrassment, even when healthy. The backcourt is what the Jazz need to figure out and focus on during the draft. Thinking optimistically, if Memo could ever play again, and if the Jazz bring Ante Tomic over (who I'm not counting on being an all-star or anything, but a servicable big), our frontcourt will be very strong for years to come;

PF Favors, Millsap, Evans
C Jefferson, Okur, Tomic

Like I said, the Jazz backcourt is so bad and is what needs fixin over the next off-season, and a guy like Jeffers is better than most of what we got right now...

Yes, he also missed 3 free throws down the stretch and had a shot attempt packed by Gordon Hayward like I haven't seen since the early days of AK.

He was just another crappy player in a crappy game.