What's new

Jimmy Butler

whatthe

I know Jimmy Butler can be an a**hole in the lockeroom because he wants to win so bad. But, he is the exactly the kind of jerk I would want in the lockeroom. He wouldn't be a cancer, he would drive this team to new heights. What could we realistically trade to the T-Wolves to get him? Dante, Neto, and A.B.?

I love Jimmy's game but he'd probably just be a one year rental. I'd rather have Taurean Prince.

I know Jimmy Butler can be an a**hole in the lockeroom because he wants to win so bad. But, he is the exactly the kind of jerk I would want in the lockeroom. He wouldn't be a cancer, he would drive this team to new heights. What could we realistically trade to the T-Wolves to get him? Dante, Neto, and A.B.?

lol yeah and having him and Ricky in the lockeroom would work a treat ..

he's exactly the kind of ahole you want ON the court, i don't think he's much of a leader off it

I would love to have jimmy butler on the squad

The first and only thing Wolves would ask for is Donovan
And there's no way Jazz do that

I like Jimmy but I wouldn’t trade for him without a great impression he’d re-sign and he has a strong lockeroom presence which isn’t always positive. He’s kind of a weirdo tbh... I’m sure his vibe isn’t for everyone. I also don’t think his next contract will turn out really valuable... he’s had knee issues and played for Thibs basically his whole career... he’s headed to the boneyard soon.

Butler would be great in Utah. I think what he has found to complain about in Minny he would love about Utah.

I would rather just sign him next summer then trade for him.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'd rather sign him... that way I know he is choosing us. I'd need him to be all in. I don't think he'd choose us though.

I'm a little rusty here (thanks, Mods), but if we were to sign Butler next offseason, then that means no more Rubio and Favors, right? Who else?

It's not so much that I'm passing on Butler, but I'm passing on the total cost of bringing him in.

I'm a little rusty here (thanks, Mods), but if we were to sign Butler next offseason, then that means no more Rubio and Favors, right? Who else?

It's not so much that I'm passing on Butler, but I'm passing on the total cost of bringing him in.

I'm a nerd... here we go...

Jimmy likely commands a max unless he sustains an injury. So you need about 32.7M to sign him.

It definitely means favs is gone imo. From there you could give Ricky around $15M (I see Ricky's healthy salary range as 12M-18M) and you'd have 25M in space. So, you could move Jae and TB or Exum and get there.

This is why I think there is likely a decision between Ricky and Dante coming this year... unless management really feels like the current squad with Favs is better than finding a more dynamic wing or playmaking 4. There is certainly a case that could be made if Favs starts making threes and Jae/Thabo/Royce provide enough playmaking 4 options to get most of the benefit from those types of lineups.

The general consensus is that we are going to try and be FA players next year, but I think we may go a different route or may try to get someone in the $20-25M tier like Tobias Harris or Mirotic.