What's new

Jimmy Butler

My guess is that he ends up being a Clipper.

Any team outside of his list of 3 teams is unlikely to trade for him because he'd probably be a rental.

I doubt that the Nets have any interest at all. They are rebuilding. Trading assets to for a 30 year old who doesn't fit their timeline and is looking for max money makes no sense for them.

The Knicks could make the move. But I get the sense that they feel like they can lure a big name in free agency without giving up assets.

The Clippers have a weird roster right now. A collection of journeyman types and average young talent. Jerry West wants to win. My guess is he tries to get Butler if the deal is right.

Jimmy Butler just got traded to Philadelphia for Dario Saric and Robert Covington.

Thoughts?

It’s been reported that they’re close to agreeing on a long-term deal too...

Great trade for Philly. It's going to be interesting how Gibson and Saric share minutes.

Simmons, Redick, Embiid and Butler is a nasty combination but they're paper-thin at PF, especially with Muscala out for a week.

Philly continues to shed 3 point shooters. Saric had a rough start but he shot well last year and Covington was their best 3&D player.

Philly continues to shed 3 point shooters. Saric had a rough start but he shot well last year and Covington was their best 3&D player.

Ya i like this trade for minny

Seems like this trade is splitting opinions as to who it benefits the most. I think it benefits both. I like the trade for both teams.

Seems like this trade is splitting opinions as to who it benefits the most. I think it benefits both. I like the trade for both teams.
Agree. Jimmy B. wasn't going to play another game for Minnesota and was a huge distraction so anything in return for him was good. Saric and Covington are both solid players.

If Butler plays well, it's also an immediate win for Philadelphia. Sixers were not as good as they thought. Butler, Simmons and Embiid is a pretty good Big 3 if they can re-sign Butler. That's the risk, but maybe he's already agreed to stay. Agree re: depth. They still need to improve their bench.

The East isn't as weak as everyone thought. There are 5 teams that will be fighting it out to reach the Finals: Toronto, Milwaukee, Boston, Indiana and Philadelphia. Detroit is solid, as is Charlotte. The last playoff spot will probably be Miami, although Brooklyn is surprising and Orlando has a shot.

Agree. Jimmy B. wasn't going to play another game for Minnesota and was a huge distraction so anything in return for him was good. Saric and Covington are both solid players.

If Butler plays well, it's also an immediate win for Philadelphia. Sixers were not as good as they thought. Butler, Simmons and Embiid is a pretty good Big 3 if they can re-sign Butler. That's the risk, but maybe he's already agreed to stay. Agree re: depth. They still need to improve their bench.

The East isn't as weak as everyone thought. There are 5 teams that will be fighting it out to reach the Finals: Toronto, Milwaukee, Boston, Indiana and Philadelphia. Detroit is solid, as is Charlotte. The last playoff spot will probably be Miami, although Brooklyn is surprising and Orlando has a shot.

Yeah I'm surprised re the East as well. It's like you cut the head of the monster (LeBron), and 5 heads pops up (TOR, BOS, PHL, IND, MIL).

Also a super star is finally moving from West to East... that hasn't happened for a while.

Yeah I'm surprised re the East as well. It's like you cut the head of the monster (LeBron), and 5 heads pops up (TOR, BOS, PHL, IND, MIL).

Also a super star is finally moving from West to East... that hasn't happened for a while.

Im going to go with star rather than superstar