What's new

Joe Ingles: Article on Son's Autism Diagnosis

Best of luck to the Ingles family! It sounds like they're doing an excellent job giving their son great support and opportunities. Joe makes me proud to be a Jazz fan and it's moments like these that do it.

If you read the story, there's a cool part where they talk about Quin and the Jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Moving read. Makes Joe seem even more like a regular guy and that is part of his appeal.

My wife tells our kids everybody has "something" to deal with. Some kids 'thing' is bigger than others.

Glad Joe plays for the Jazz.

Incredibly written. What an inspiring way to share the news. I have the utmost respect for Joe, his family and the Utah Jazz organization.

All the best to Jacob.

When we're whinging bout players ect. It's only basketball. Things like this put things in perspective

Agreed. It makes me realize that when some of our stupid fans were booing a couple of months ago, that Joe was in the middle of all these tests with his son.

We all need to do a better job at supporting our guys. You never know what's happening behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Having just gone through autism testing for my son, my heart goes ot to them. My son tested negative, he had a pretty severe speech delay, and that just translates to other areas. I know how hard it was on me, and my wife especially, when we were first told he could be Autistic.

Best of luck to Joe and his family. I hope he is always a Jazz man.

This explains why Joe has looked so tired this season. Good luck to him and his family. Little Jacob is blessed to have such supportive parents (and it doesn't hurt that they can afford the best care for him).

One of my favorite people to talk to lately is an autistic guy who works on the cleaning crew for my office. We have such great conversations about everything in the world. And speak of the devil, he just stopped by for a chat while I was writing this.

Great read. This probably explains why Joe has struggled a bit at times this season.

I knew he was dealing with several nagging injuries, but still seemed distracted , no sullen, no somber. Something.

Thats a heavy load.

I love joe... I’m not crying you’re crying!

Great dude. Great family. May or may not explain some of his struggles but amazed at how awesome he’s been... clearly with the finger injuries and dealing with this... he’s cut from the stock and Malone cloth.

They will get through this and glad the caught it early... we have a couple neighbors who’s teenage sons have autism... the community has embraced them and loves them... they make us all smile and laugh and have really blossomed.

Autism about to get Frickin Jingled!

What is it, 1 in 20 kids now? There's a lot of research going on in this sphere, I reckon Jacob's biggest problem will be that he looks like his dad.

beautiful article too.