What's new

Jordan Hicks MLB

Archie Moses

I casually follow baseball (mainly because I'm a sports fan and watch and read ESPN) but I don't really go out of my way to watch it. Before today, I never knew who Jordan Hicks was and I'm boggled how I've missed him. Maybe he doesn't get the exposure yet? He's a youngin' (22) and his arm sounds like Steve Nebraska's arm from the movie the Scout.

The dude/kid can throw some serious heat. He's tied the fastest pitch ever clocked in a game at 105+ and has this season's top 20 fastest pitches. He's like an Avenger.

Anyway, I read this article and enjoyed it enough I thought I'd share if you haven't read it already.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...earned-throw-faster-anyone-earth?platform=amp

Yeah he's got a cannon, that is a most excellent article tho. props.

Michael Kopech 23 y/o Whitesox pitcher is rehabbing Tommy John surgery performed last year, shut down this entire season, he can throw the ball several clicks over 100mph when right.

The fastball keeps getting faster, the % of bullpen guys who throw 96 or higher has gotta be at an all time high this year, and will keep increasing.

However, the best pitching prospect right now is Casey Mize who the Tigers took #1. He throws 92-96 but has impeccable command of 4 pitches.

Also the Marlins have this righty Edward Cabrera who touches 101 and he is like a stick figure right now, 6'4" 170lbs or something like that... Throws Slider and Change too..

As crazy as this sounds the Yankees have a Catcher named Josh Breaux who has serious power potential with the bat, who also throws 100mph and some see him as a crucial late-innings reliever.

The Padres have a 20 year old lefty named Mackenzie Gore who can touch 99 and looks lights-out ace material also.

Last edited:
Anytime I hear about some new heat thrower, I always worry he’ll be done in just a couple years when his arm basically falls off.
Then I remind myself Randy Johnson lasted forever. I don’t remember how fast he threw, but I remember him blowing up a pigeon and knocking that one dude cold.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

First mlb thread I saw in here.

This Yanks lineup is the sickest I’ve ever seen. Unbelievable 1-9. And that’s with Andujar and others out.

Anytime I hear about some new heat thrower, I always worry he’ll be done in just a couple years when his arm basically falls off.
Then I remind myself Randy Johnson lasted forever. I don’t remember how fast he threw, but I remember him blowing up a pigeon and knocking that one dude cold.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
Randy isn't human though.