What's new

Justin Wright-Foreman can play

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Yes, this is G-league, but he's averaging 21/3/3 on 52% shooting and 56% from 3-pt. There's enough of a sample here, and his percentages could drop 10% - 15% and still be viable. I think he could earn backup minutes at PG this year.

Regarding Mudiay, he doesn't shoot 3s, he doesn't commit to defense, and he's not much of a playmaker. I like him, but I'm not sure how he's a PG in today's NBA. It seems like he's strictly a slasher.

Last edited:
The scary thing is we are still the 6 seed and are entering an easy seven game stretch. Anything worse than 5-2 is unacceptable but we really need a players only meeting and need to snag six or all seven of these imo.

I fully expect a loss against the Hawks doe.

All the young guys have looked good with the Stars. It might not work, but it seems like it'd be worth a shot at this point, and at least it'd be something to try to break us out of our funk. I'm certain it'd be fun.

Believe it, he can play.

I saw every game of his at Hofstra. He was twice named his conference's Player Of The Year for a reason. The guy can shine in any league he will be placed in. He showed that in high school, college, and he's proving it now in the D League.

He's the type of player that isn't going to instantly win over anybody with his size, his background, his media coverage. He's that type of player that just needs the opportunity. Unfortunately, many top guys in NBA never really get it. Never given good minutes, saddled with a coach who doesn't believe in their game, an injury here or there...so many reasons why a top guy just doesn't make it in NBA. I hope JWF avoids those pitfalls. He really is an outstanding player plus he has the clutch gene in him.

It seems like he's strictly a slasher.

That's because he has been playing on squads where he has to carry the weight of the entire team. On a pro level team, obviously, he'll have help.

And watch those highlights, didn't you see the guy can shoot lights out from outside? He's a natural scorer, he's got game from all over - driving to the rim or shooting from distance.

Believe it, he can play.

I saw every game of his at Hofstra. He was twice named his conference's Player Of The Year for a reason. The guy can shine in any league he will be placed in. He showed that in high school, college, and he's proving it now in the D League.

He's the type of player that isn't going to instantly win over anybody with his size, his background, his media coverage. He's that type of player that just needs the opportunity. Unfortunately, many top guys in NBA never really get it. Never given good minutes, saddled with a coach who doesn't believe in their game, an injury here or there...so many reasons why a top guy just doesn't make it in NBA. I hope JWF avoids those pitfalls. He really is an outstanding player plus he has the clutch gene in him.
Met him at summer league and he was super cool... like really cool... I think he had some family stuff going on at the time but took time to talk with the kids and was just a nice genuine dude.

All our second round guys make sense in that they have differentiating skills... I can see JWF as a spark plug scorer off the bench.

im all for playing any of our 4 g league guys... they make more sense than half our bench guys.

Stop with this nonsense. Quin said about Mudiay when asked how he earned his trust - "first thing, he defends".

He’s been fine there... the ball sticking and shooting are the bigger issues but he currently can do more with the ball than Dante likely ever can.

Dante sucks and I’m not gonna be fooled by a good game or a couple good moves... he does so little on the court... not just scoring stuff but rebounds, steals, activity stuff... he’s just not worth the effort to develop when he can’t shoot has an under-developed handle and still considers himself a pg.

All our second round guys make sense in that they have differentiating skills... I can see JWF as a spark plug scorer off the bench.

im all for playing any of our 4 g league guys... they make more sense than half our bench guys.

I can only watch a handful of Jazz games so I really don't know how Quinn is with his rotations and bench use. Does he go 8 guys a night or does he go deep into his bench on a regular basis? My point is, a D League guy might never get a chance on a team with a tight rotation.

And, yes, JWF is a quiet guy. He just lets his play do all his talking. I hardly remember him talking much at all after Hofstra games.

I can only watch a handful of Jazz games so I really don't know how Quinn is with his rotations and bench use. Does he go 8 guys a night or does he go deep into his bench on a regular basis? My point is, a D League guy might never get a chance on a team with a tight rotation.

And, yes, JWF is a quiet guy. He just lets his play do all his talking. I hardly remember him talking much at all after Hofstra games.

He was talking **** in summer league to a couple guys... so I'm not sure he's that quiet. It was actually kind of funny because its quiet in that gym and you can hear a lot of the chatter.

Quin plays a lot of guys... sometimes too many. I just think he sticks with some guys too long and sometimes doesn't give enough leash to young or new guys... not all the time just sometimes. I wish JWF had a better summer league but his G League play has been encouraging.

I'm cool with any of the g league guys getting some run... they will at least be excited to play which is more than I can say for most of our guys right now... guys are straight joyless and lethargic right now.
This.

Aren’t we supposed to be STACKED with leadership right now? Lmffffao.

That's because he has been playing on squads where he has to carry the weight of the entire team. On a pro level team, obviously, he'll have help.

And watch those highlights, didn't you see the guy can shoot lights out from outside? He's a natural scorer, he's got game from all over - driving to the rim or shooting from distance.

I was describing Mudiay as a slasher, not JWF. Mudiay seems like a lesser version of Tyreke Evans to me. I'm starting to think JWF could become something similar to Lou Williams.