What's new

Kahn Says Beasley Used Too Much Marijuana

calijazz

Winner of the 2011 Jazzfanz mock draft contest
Timberwolves president David Kahn is confident that young forward Michael Beasley has matured.

Kahn said Beasley used "too much marijuana" during his time with the Heat.

Miami drafted Beasley with the second overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

"He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore," team president David Kahn said in an interview on 1500 ESPN Twin Cities, "and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case."

Read more: https://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_...easley_used_too_much_marijuana/#ixzz0uXQa0inL

This is who the Wolves wanted to clear out PT for by trading Big Al? I feel sorry for Wolves fans...Kahn is an absolute moron.

Beasley could still be very, very good. Worth it for them. Can they get worse really?

I don't know, I don't see it. I really don't see his upside being all that high from what I've seen. But no, they can't get worse...can they? Maybe Kahn will find a way...

Kahn said Beasley used "too much marijuana" during his time with the Heat.

captain_obvious.jpg

....how much is too much? I thought the NBA had a drug policy that called for suspensions when playes tested positive for marijushee??? Maybe they made room for Beasley by trading big Al.....because Al smokes more than Beasley???

....how much is too much? I thought the NBA had a drug policy that called for suspensions when playes tested positive for marijushee??? Maybe they made room for Beasley by trading big Al.....because Al smokes more than Beasley???

And here I was all along thinking you weren't going to say something insensitive and totally ignorant.

Half the players in the NBA smoke dope, and I'd bet probably half (if not more) of the American population has smoked dope. Most of the young owners and executives in the league do too (Cuban does for sure).

Its just not that big of a deal... the NBA just doesn't want people coming out and tainting it's image.

And here I was all along thinking you weren't going to say something insensitive and totally ignorant.

...yeah, I'm really insensitive to the plight of multi-millionaires who insist on smoking dope!

Half the players in the NBA smoke dope

...based on the quality of play and shooting percentages from beyond 5 feet...I'd say the percentage is higher than that!

and I'd bet probably half (if not more) of the American population has smoked dope.

...based on the current state of affairs in the USA socially, economically, politically, and religiously, I'd say the percentage is even higher than that!

Most of the young owners and executives in the league do too (Cuban does for sure).

.....based on the ridiculous contracts they hand out to these pathetic clowns....I'd say the percentage is even higher than that!

howz about that!

And do we really believe that Beasley will get his head on right if Pat Riley dumped him for nothing?
Had to clear cap space for the Three Conspirators.
If you've got a problem, Miami is probably the WORST place to end up. Maybe all Beasley needs to shape up is the cold, harsh reality of spending his winters in Minneapolis.

I feel bad Kahn was fined $50K. He was actually trying to defend Beasley. I'd appeal the fine if I were Kahn. Beasley has admitted smoking marijuana. There's a published picture of him with pot in his room. I don't see how you're violating league policy by discussing publicly known information. Stern has overstepped his bounds here and needs to be challenged.