no shoes 6'10.25" with shoes 6'11.75"
wingspan 7'4.5" standing reach 9'4.5"
Max Vert: 25.0 body fat :6.1%
Draft position: 16th overall
MPG: 14.1
PPG: 4.6
RPG: 4.6
BPG: 0.75

Their numbers are almost identical. Could we have really gotten a player who is about same talent level and is 1/2 inch taller much later in the draft?

Nikola has better height and much better wingspan.
Kanter has better vertical and is 1.5 years younger then Nikola.

kanter is younger and didn't play any ball last year, he has got so much improvement in him i believe. seriously though, are you unhappy with how kanter has been playing? i think he's been great, especially on defence, i thought he'd be a real liability on d.

For a 19 year old kid basically coming straight from high school, I'm pretty happy with Kanter. He's overwhelmed on offense, and the speed of the game is killing him, but you see his talent when it slows down under the basket, either playing his solid one on one D, or just rebounding. I won't even worry about Kanter's offense until year 3, though it would be nice to see some ability to finish from 2 feet.

Enes Kanter, Jazz
05/20/1992 (19 Years Old) 259 lbs
no shoes 6'9.75" with shoes 6'11.25"
wingspan 7'1.5" standing reach 9'1.5"
Max Vert : 32.5 body fat 5.9%
Draft position: 3rd overall
MPG: 14.0
RPG: 5.3
BPG: 0.43

Nikola Vucevic, 76ers
10/24/1990 (21 Years Old) 260lbs
no shoes 6'10.25" with shoes 6'11.75"
wingspan 7'4.5" standing reach 9'4.5"
Max Vert: 25.0 body fat :6.1%
Draft position: 16th overall
MPG: 14.1
RPG: 4.6
BPG: 0.75

Their numbers are almost identical. Could we have really gotten a player who is about same talent level and is 1/2 inch taller much later in the draft?

Nikola has better height and much better wingspan.
Kanter has better vertical and is 1.5 years younger then Nikola.

There is times I just.... I can't.

Like really, on this one I can't.

We have a 19 year old kid who is clearly NBA talent. And we're now comparing him to a super random surprise in the draft? You can literally do that in every single draft.

No....

Vucevic is a find, no doubt. Props to the Wolves. But he's not playing behind the same beasting front court the Jazz are, and he's not splitting backup time with Favors. So no, this is an awful take. It's like asking why we didn't sign Nate Robinson when his numbers are just as good as Devin Harris. Maybe, because, you know... the situation?

I was at the Sixers game. Kanter is the more physical presence and a better rebounder. Vucevic is another Spencer Hawes or Chris Mihm-type.

Both Kanter and Vucevic were drafted where they were projected to go.

coming straight from high school

You bring up a good point kinda accidently Billy Shelby. Kanter i am pretty sure didn't play high school basketball in this country and i don't believe they have high school teams in Turkey. If they do they are a sport about as followed as Lacrosse is in this country. Point being, Kanter didn't have the greatest coaching or greatest competition until college, and that just didn't happen at all. He should be forgiven if he is not as polished as most players coming out of high school. This should mean a swift learning curve and lots of untapped potential. At least that's the way i want to read this situation.

You bring up a good point kinda accidently Billy Shelby. Kanter i am pretty sure didn't play high school basketball in this country and i don't believe they have high school teams in Turkey. If they do they are a sport about as followed as Lacrosse is in this country. Point being, Kanter didn't have the greatest coaching or greatest competition until college, and that just didn't happen at all. He should be forgiven if he is not as polished as most players coming out of high school. This should mean a swift learning curve and lots of untapped potential. At least that's the way i want to read this situation.

+1

i just found a video where u can see Kanterminator and ricky the owl rubio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSZkvPfjrs

Why doesn't Kanter shoot that jumper in a game? It would open up some space for him to get to the basket. I might be mistake but I thought Kanter played in high school/prep school in US but he didn't play college ball.

I atleast want Kanter to catch the ball in a 3-point stance so people will think he is actually thinking about shooting.

Why doesn't Kanter shoot that jumper in a game? It would open up some space for him to get to the basket. I might be mistake but I thought Kanter played in high school/prep school in US but he didn't play college ball.

He will. Give it time. Did you ever play pick up games where you knew every guy on the floor and especially on your team was better than you? And you didn't want to chuck up shots, wide open or not because quite frankly, you probably shouldn't? You sort of overthought so to speak? That's Enes right now. He probably wants to play mistake-free, rebound and play defense. In time, he'll grow more confident through hitting shots in practice, and having his teammates tell him to take those open jumpers in games, and then he'll do so here and there with some misses and some makes. But either way, it's baby steps and he's playing smart basketball for a 19 year old with very limited game experience.