What's new

Kelly Olynyk Hype & Appreciation Thread

Olynyk, Vanderbilt and Beverley all would have been great guys for the past three years, so I guess I’ll just go ahead and pretend.

Conley / Beverley
DM / Clarkson
Bojan / Ingles
Vanderbilt / Royce
Gobert / Olynyk

LOL .. wait... what?!?! I came back AFTER the fire sale.
That wasn’t a fire sale, and that **** was great.

You came back just in time for the Jazz to set their best remaining trade asset on fire cuz someone paid them to and they start fires for fun anyway.

I will say this: if I've checked accurately, only Jokic beat Olynyk's marks for assists/minute as a center last year. Much to the chagrin of some here, he should help the Jazz's offense run much more smoothly than if we only had Dok and Kessler as true centers.

i cannot cheer for Olynyk. He's the ugliest mofo to ever play NBA HIs stupid little beard needs to get ripped off his ugly face. He looks like an early Mormon pioneer so prob fitting he's in SLC but my goodness

I will say this: if I've checked accurately, only Jokic beat Olynyk's marks for assists/minute as a center last year. Much to the chagrin of some here, he should help the Jazz's offense run much more smoothly than if we only had Dok and Kessler as true centers.
Yes - Also he'll be a great mentor to Kessler and all the young bigs too!!!

Used to love that crazy long haired Canuck with Boston and Miami before he got exiled to Houston and then Detroit and became largely irrelevant. (Poor Bogey.) You see that and you just assume that the guy is in decline but it’s really all just roster politics predicated by who’s hot and who’s not. If it weren’t for Brad Stevens and his bromance for Gordon Hayward, Olynyk gets his payday in Boston. So he signs his four year 50 million dollar deal in Miami and then Victor Olidipo becomes the big heart throb apple of Riley and Spoelstta’s eye.

But guess who wants him back?
Maybe we still end up with Herro or more likely a pick before this thing is done.

This guy's a sleeping giant. He averaged 19 points, 8.4 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 39.2% 3pt just a couple of years ago.

#Underrated #AppreciateWhatWeGot #GrassIsGreenerOnOurSide #LockedOnJazz

He only averaged that in the 27 games he played for Houston. He averaged 13.5, 7 and 3 on the year (2020-21), all career bests.

But guess who wants him back?
A Kelly Olynyk Reunion With The Miami Heat? Maybe we still end up with Herro or more likely a pick before this thing is done.
Read between the lines of what you’re saying. You’re saying this deal sucks. And I wouldn’t rationalize it with the idea that we’re going to obtain what we wanted in a two-step process. I know it’s somewhat paradoxical because someone was dumb enough to give up Bogdanovic for Olynyk, but nobody is giving up a pick for Olynyk, unless it’s attaching Robinson’s salary which, by all accounts, is the supposed reason why we didn’t take the pick offers for Bojan.

Read between the lines of what you’re saying. You’re saying this deal sucks. And I wouldn’t rationalize it with the idea that we’re going to obtain what we wanted in a two-step process. I know it’s somewhat paradoxical because someone was dumb enough to give up Bogdanovic for Olynyk, but nobody is giving up a pick for Olynyk, unless it’s attaching Robinson’s salary which, by all accounts, is the supposed reason why we didn’t take the pick offers for Bojan.
So we’re right back where we started then is what you’re saying (regarding Robinson). Robinson and his contract are not nearly as bad as what people make it out to be and things change overnight in the NBA. We might just discover that we’re better than we thought and ready to get out of tank mode sooner than later and he could be that piece for us after Olynyk has served his purpose.

On the face of it, I agree with you that it seems we got shortchanged on this one. But when you look at it holistically, where is Bogey going to play when Markkanen and Fontechio are coming in hot from Eurobasket and need the minutes? AND we get further under the tax. Whereas with Olynyk we get this coach’s son playmaking savant that can help our bigs and more importantly, help our culture.

I think we are all in basic agreement it sucks we couldnt get any future assets out of Bogey, but KO is a good player.

I'm excited to watch him this year. He will help the team play better basketball and he will encourage great ball movement. He's going to be the best big man passer we've had since Boris Diaw. He's got great defensive fundamentals and team defense and could be a good mentor for a Lauri Markkanen. He's going to be a fan favorite and my hot take is that we don't even waive him next year unless it' includes re-signing him to a longer term deal.